Maidenfans 2020 Euro Meetup

Where should the Maidenfans 2020 Euro Meetup take place?

• Total voters

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
CONFIRMED MEETUPS

June 27 Gothenburg, SWEDEN – Ullevi Stadium (Alter Bridge & Airbourne)
@Black Wizard @LooseCannon @Dr. Eddies Wingman @Perun (?)

July 09 Weert, HOLLAND – Evenemententerrein (Alter Bridge & Airbourne)
@Ariana @Black Wizard @Forostar @Night Prowler @Perun

Here are the options, supposing not many of us would make it to Tel Aviv.

June 2020
05 – 07 Tampere, FINLAND – Rockfest ^
09 Bremen, GERMANY – Buergerweide (Disturbed & Airbourne)
10 Cologne, GERMANY – Rhein-Energie-Stadium (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
13 Donington, UK – Download Festival
15 Belfast, UK – Belsonic Festival
18 Dessel, BELGIUM – Graspop Festival ^
20 Copenhagen, DENMARK – Copenhell Festival ^
23 Berlin, GERMANY – Waldbuehne (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
25 Oslo, NORWAY – Tons of Rock Festival ^
27 Gothenburg, SWEDEN – Ullevi Stadium (Alter Bridge & Airbourne)
30 St Petersburg, RUSSIA – Ice Palace (Airbourne)

July 2020
02 Moscow, RUSSIA – VTB Arena – Dynamo Central Stadium (Airbourne)
05 Warsaw, POLAND – PGE Narodowy (Within Temptation & Lord of the Lost)
07 Prague, Czech Republic – Sinobo Stadium (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
09 Weert, HOLLAND – Evenemententerrein (Alter Bridge & Airbourne)
11 Paris, FRANCE – Paris La Defense Arena (Airbourne & Avatar)
16 Wiener, AUSTRIA – Neustadt Stadium (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
18 Stuttgart, GERMANY – Mercedes-Benz Arena (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
20 Bologna, ITALY – Sonic Park (Airbourne & Lord of the Lost)
23 Lisbon, PORTUGAL – Estadio Nacional (Within Temptation & Airbourne)
25 Barcelona, SPAIN – Olympic Stadium (Within Temptation & Airbourne)

Berlin and/or Gothenburg and/or Weert are what's on the table for me. From what I see from the first responses in the chat, things are pointing towards Gothenburg, especially because there's a good chance @LooseCannon could make it.

I live in Berlin some parts of the year, but I am no longer able to put up people at my place as I used to, mostly because I don't really have a place there anymore.

Last edited:
I'm considering Sweden or Holland. Either one is fine for me. We need a survey.

Holland would be good for me because it would be cheaper to get to, but it will all depend on my financial situation (which won't be good), so I'll check flight prices and see

I am definitely doing Prague. If there is a bigger meetup somewhere not too far, I might consider joining as well, but it will be less of a priority for me.

The Gothenburg presale starts on Sunday. Ideally, anyone who is interested needs to make their minds up by then.

Sweden for this guy would be best, I think. Gothenburg is a good town, but we have nowhere to stay - accommodations would need to be gathered.

Sweden for this guy would be best, I think. Gothenburg is a good town, but we have nowhere to stay - accommodations would need to be gathered.

Weert seems to be close to Eindhoven, which is easy to reach by plane.

Good point. They're not supporting Maiden on any of the shows so he probably won't get a free ticket, and can't "disappear" during the support act like he did in Oslo a few years ago.

After all my criticism on Maiden's current activities, I do not feel very entitled (or popular/convincing) to stimulate a meet in the Netherlands.
However, my son wants to go to the show, my son's friend wants to go. The father of that friend wants to go. My wife wants to go. And the guy who is typing this would feel extremely gutted if he would miss a change in the setlist. So: we'll go. To Weert, Netherlands. Our financial situation is not good enough to do an extra to Gothenburg, I'm afraid.

So if some of you are going to Weert as well, I'd be glad to meet you.

I'd love to go back to Weert as we did thoroughly like the place when we went to see Maiden there in 2005, but I am afraid that I probably would only be able to go to the Donington gig.

After all my criticism on Maiden's current activities

I don't want to drag off topic, but this is indeed the most boring period ever since I'm following Maiden's activities. We're two years into a cabaret tour, no news in sight, no new material like history DVDs in sight. At least the last cabaret was accompanied by a rather underwhelming DVD documentary release. The only thing that's current is the paparazzi shit from Bruce's personal life, which, frankly, should be banned/deleted from this board.

End offtopic. In any case if the place/date is OK for me I could attend the meetup regardless what I think about the current tour.

After much deliberation and many calculations, I have come to the conclusion that Holland it will be.

After much deliberation and many calculations, I have come to the conclusion that Holland it will be.
Fair enough. I might decide to do Holland in addition to Gothenburg, Barcelona and Mudfest. There are of course good reasons why I'd like to visit Holland, but as the Swedish and Spanish shows are on Saturdays they are less awkward for me. Although in time honoured tradition I will be squeezing a concert in before a work event. I will be in Leeds for work at the start of July - just a couple of days after the Gothenburg show. This year on the final weekend of June I saw Gojira in Birmingham on the Saturday and then the following day Demons & Wizards in London, before going back to Birmingham the next day for work. Good times.

Back