Maiden Voyages - Boat Party 11th Aug before O2 Gig

Big shout to LooseCanon for allowing this one. There is a Boat Party before the Saturday O2 gig playing nothing but Maiden. Copied & posted from the event:

"Water Water Everywhere, & plenty of beer to drink!

When the river runs deep, we invite you aboard the MV Jewel of London to experience the Maiden Voyages, enjoying the sounds of the world's greatest band as you cruise through Central London with drinks in hand. Do not miss out on this, face up, make your stand & realize you are living in the golden years as we depart from Festival Pier, on the Southbank, heading down under Tower Bridge towards the Thames Barrier and all the way back, before eventually dropping you at The O2 itself 15mins before the doors open. Like a river we will flow, on towards the sea we go. A unique experience, taking in the summer views of London from The Thames to the soundtrack of Iron Maiden with a live DJ. The Eyes of the Thames are opening, you'll see!

4 hours of nothing but Iron Maiden music ✔️
Ticket includes a free drink on us ✔️
Pick up from Central London & drop off at The O2 Venue ✔️
Tickets priced at £25 ✔️

Departing from Festival Pier, Waterloo: Boarding at 13:45 departing at 14:00 arriving at Greenwich O2 at 17:45 for disembarkation at 18:00

*Tickets go on sale 9am 29th June*
https://www.londonpartyboats.co.uk/packages/ticket-details.asp?event=iron-maiden-voyages-160

More info:
www.facebook.com/ironmaidenvoyages
www.twitter.com/maiden_voyages"

Cheers guys - Up The Irons

This sounds like a cracking idea however I’d like to see some pics of the actual boat and more info on its capacity and number of tickets avialable.

I’ve done something similar in the past and been very disappointed when you see it’s a tiny boat, absolutely crammed with people and your stuck on it for 4 hours. Plus I’d like to know how much the beer prices are as you’ve got no choice to buy on the boat once your there.

This is the one I think:
mv-jewel-of-london-lst156576.jpg

If that’s really the boat then it’s a no from me.

Hopefully it’s gonna be a nice hot day and I don’t fancy being stuck inside all day as there’s only a small section to stand outside and everyone will want to be there.

This sounds like a cracking idea however I’d like to see some pics of the actual boat

This is the one I think:
mv-jewel-of-london-lst156576.jpg

Yeah that's the one :ok:

If that’s really the boat then it’s a no from me.

Hopefully it’s gonna be a nice hot day and I don’t fancy being stuck inside all day as there’s only a small section to stand outside and everyone will want to be there.

The roof is retractable. If its a nice day, it becomes open top :edmetal:

Well that looks a lot better. Think I’ll take a punt and boom this for me and my mate that’s going.

One question though. Beer prices? I’m no stooge when it comes to buying drinks but if it’s much more than say £5/5.50 for a pint then that will be a big factor.

Sorry if I seem like I’m putting a downer on this it’s just that it does sound like a really good idea and as long as he roof can come off and the beers are around £5.50 or less a pint I’m in :)

Well that looks a lot better. Think I’ll take a punt and boom this for me and my mate that’s going.

One question though. Beer prices? I’m no stooge when it comes to buying drinks but if it’s much more than say £5/5.50 for a pint then that will be a big factor.

Sorry if I seem like I’m putting a downer on this it’s just that it does sound like a really good idea and as long as he roof can come off and the beers are around £5.50 or less a pint I’m in :)

ha - No, its a fair question. I hate it when you are up the West End somewhere and prices are crazy. All pints & bottles beers/cider are under a fiver mate :cheers:

Heres a promo vid recorded at non- Iron Maiden gigs to give an idea. 2 boats featured but its The Jewel the party is taking place on

How did this go?
Well for the first event. Really pleased with it and the feedback has been really positive which is the most important thing. One of the guys who attended was messaging while drunk lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180811-205418_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20180811-205418_Messenger.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 14
Back