Maiden vinyls

I own all studio albums on vinyl, in addition to the following live albums: Maiden Japan; Live After Death; Rock In Rio 2001; Death On The Road; Flight 666; En Vivo!; Maiden England 88'; Book Of Souls: Live Chapter; and Nights Of The Dead

They did release reissues of the 7" singles (from Running Free up to The Clairvoyant).

I would love to see reissues of the 12" singles as well.

They did release reissues of the 7" singles (from Running Free up to The Clairvoyant).

I would love to see reissues of the 12" singles as well.
I’ve spent the last 2.5 years collecting all of the re-released singles as well as tracking down original copies of every other single. At least one copy of each, since some singles have multiple versions! Be Quick or Be Dead pic disc? Man on the Edge pic disc? Yes yes yes!

Last edited:
Starting in 2015 and finishing quite recently, my wife purchased a different Maiden vinyl for me each birthday and Christmas. I have all of the reissued live and studio albums.

I have put a few scratches on some of them (doh). However, I always think that adds tot the charm.

My favourite Maiden that I own is the 2005 blue Trooper 7 inch single. Another Life live 2005!

I've started trying to get the whole collection of early pressings. I bought the re-issue of Iron Maiden & Killers and they both sound very dull and compressed to me. I'm not at all a vinyl snob, but I think a lot of the modern vinyl reissues (with all bands) are made from digital sources and as such don't sound as rich as the originals.

On the other hand, I just found an early promotional copy of Piece of Mind which was not cheap but sounds really good.

I've started trying to get the whole collection of early pressings. I bought the re-issue of Iron Maiden & Killers and they both sound very dull and compressed to me. I'm not at all a vinyl snob, but I think a lot of the modern vinyl reissues (with all bands) are made from digital sources and as such don't sound as rich as the originals.

On the other hand, I just found an early promotional copy of Piece of Mind which was not cheap but sounds really good.
That's really cool! I don't have the ears to really hear the difference. Well, maybe if side by side, but I don't have multiple copies to listen to the albums side by side. My prior collection was the '98 CD remasters, and the current crop of vinyl remasters does sound a bit clearer/brighter to me than they did...but who knows, that could just be placebo.

I DO have an original pressing of Live+One! and Maiden Japan, both in perfect condition and they sound phenomenal! I can't believe a 40 year old vinyl could hold up that well.

That's really cool! I don't have the ears to really hear the difference. Well, maybe if side by side, but I don't have multiple copies to listen to the albums side by side. My prior collection was the '98 CD remasters, and the current crop of vinyl remasters does sound a bit clearer/brighter to me than they did...but who knows, that could just be placebo.

I DO have an original pressing of Live+One! and Maiden Japan, both in perfect condition and they sound phenomenal! I can't believe a 40 year old vinyl could hold up that well.
Yeah, I have a copy of Maiden Japan as well and it sounds so good. I have a theory that live albums sound better on vinyl but I'm probably nuts.

My current collection is comprised of new pressings of Iron Maiden, Live After Death, The X Factor, Virtual XI, A Matter of Life and Death, Senjutsu (red vinyls), the ‘85 live “Running Free” single, and an old German maxi single of “Run to the Hills”. I got all of them from random record stores I’ve visited, except for Senjutsu which I ordered online.

I just procured a copy of this same item in the last few months or so, and I love it! I'm afraid to play it though. Have you played yours? I'd love to hear that version of Another Life!
I love it as well. The Early Days tour was the first tour I saw them on so that version of Another Life takes me back! It’s a little slower but I like it.

The Early Days tour was the first tour I saw them
definitely one of their best tours, and I saw all of them since No Prayer. brilliant setlist, great stage. saw five shows of that tour and I was lucky to witness Charlotte The Harlot - a shame they dropped it shortly after. only Ed Huntour was slightly better imho.

Yeah, I have a copy of Maiden Japan as well and it sounds so good. I have a theory that live albums sound better on vinyl but I'm probably nuts.
I've found, anecdotally at least, that to be the case. But my ears aren't great and I'm no trained audiophile so it could be the enthusiasm for the product leaking into my opinion.

Back