• The Book Of Souls

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Brucinson

Dave Sustaine
Welcome to round 2 everybody - 31 voters in the first part wasn't bad at all, and maybe we even grow things out by the 2nd turn.
So this one is all about comparing
THE BOOK OF SOULS to DANCE OF DEATH. ---> Which one is the better album? :jedi:

24 hours time to vote again, poll results again can't be viewed before having voted, poll will be closed after 24 hours for then the next comparison will start.

-------------------------------------------------------------
<<<<Still in the game: A Matter Of Life And Death>>>>
<<<<Already out: Killers>>>>

I go with Dance of Death.
I love Red and the Black and The Great Unknown (seriously, I think this song should get more love).
But compared to Rainmaker and Montsegur and Dance of Death and Paschendale... Well DoD for me.

Any wishes btw for one of the future turns? Any albums you'd think it'd be interesting seeing 'em compete against each other?

The Book Of Souls is strong with me. DoD I like it but, Dance Of Death hasn't yet fully opened to me fully and so it's become most distant reunion-era album for me. Weird that it still hasn't opened as some other albums were instantly or within certain short time become classic (like BNW, AMOLAD etc). I need to fix this and get DoD to more rotation on my turntable and cd-player. DoD has it's highs and lows..

Top 2 IM albums for me, each one including one of my top 2 songs. It could not get tougher than that. I think I will go with DOD as it contains 7 10/10 tracks whereas TBOS contains 5 (IMO of course).

This was tough. Both albums are pretty similar in terms of overall quality, there are some seriously excellent songs on both (The Book of Souls and Paschendale are both top ten tracks for me), but the remaining songs are very average. I think TBoS has slightly higher highs than DoD, so I'll go with that.

The Book Of Souls, easily - Dance Of Death is the worst of the reunion albums by a decent margin.

DoD is a flawed album but 100% more fun and enjoyable than BoS which despite trying I cannot get into beyond a couple of tracks.

Dance of Death. I really like Book of Souls but I would never put on disc 2 if it wasn’t for Shadow of the Valley. Dance of Death has lots of variety and it keeps my attention all the way through.

The Book Of Souls, even if I like most of the songs on Dance Of Death (Montségur, Wildest Dreams, New Frontier, DOD, Paschendale are killers).

Back