Maiden received Airplay

Maidenaustria

Ancient Mariner
Well not really a GIANT news - but a great step forward to bring back Metal Music (especially Maiden [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) back to the radio!
There is a radiostation here in Austria which arranges a Charity-event for kids who need help.
To support them, you are able to donate money and as a little thank you - you can order ANY song you want.

Well - our mission started!

This morning, a member of our Community wished for a Maiden song - and around 18:00 our dream came true.

Iron Maiden received airplay in Austria after a LOT of years with TNOTB!

What a day!

We recorded that audio document right here: (not the song - but the radio comment and Metall_Mike's screaming)
[a href=\'http://media.putfile.com/886maiden1\' target=\'_blank\']Link[/a]

Up the Irons from Austria!
Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

This is clearly a breakthrough but too little to late. It would be cool to listen to what the guys are sayin (possibly criticising?) but unfortunately I can't understand that freaky-deeky language [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Could you possibly translate it? That would really show those "radio friendly" pricks.

'Run To The Hills' and 'Number Of The Beast' are played quite regularly on DRS3 (a Swiss music radio). No big deal here. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, aren't you lucky? [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know how often they get played. Although, a few friends of mine said that with my CD collection, I should get on the radio and play some lesser known bands and introduce some radios listeners into the more extreme forms of metal but I never really decided shoud I, or should I not? Any suggestions?

[!--QuoteBegin-Black Dragon+Dec 16 2005, 08:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Dec 16 2005, 08:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I never really decided shoud I, or should I not? Any suggestions?
[snapback]125253[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Don't bother. With the more "extreme" or "obscure" stuff, it usually takes 2 or 3 listens at least to get into a song. Radio isn't designed for that. Anyway, I thought you were from Ireland, what radio statin could you go on here? BTW correct me if I'm wrong about the Ireland bit because I will look like a fool otherwise.

Yeah, I guess you're right about the whole issue about accessibility. No point in putting some good ol' Thergothon, their songs, after all, are the opposite of radio friendly. 7 minutes average song length, no catchy hooks, slow as hell, deep vomiting vocals. Oh, and they're depressing as hell. I guess it was a silly notion to try and do something like that. What was I thinking? [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If anyone in Britain has digital radio, listen to Planet Rock!! They play Can I Play With Madness, Run To The Hills, NOTB, Bring Your Daughter..., as well as Bruce Dickinson songs, and I even heard Hallowed Be Thy Name from Death on the Road once before too! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Conor+Dec 16 2005, 10:31 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Conor @ Dec 16 2005, 10:31 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]This is clearly a breakthrough but too little to late.  It would be cool to listen to what the guys are sayin (possibly criticising?) but unfortunately I can't understand that freaky-deeky language [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Could you possibly translate it?  That would really show those "radio friendly" pricks.
[snapback]125249[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well it's really unusual here to have Metal in the Austrian Radio - sadly...
We are able to receive satellite radio from Germany and they broadcast sometimes Metal too..

That guy isn't criticising - he says:
"Iron Maiden..... What tha' hell......Radio can sound like that also.....88,6 at the Kid's-charity-friday with Iron Maiden, TNOTB......and my music-editor will tell you who donated money to hear that song...blablabla"
Then you hear Metall_Mike screaming, because his Mic was on during recording [!--emo&:blush:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blush.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blush.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
The rest is you can hear is radiotalk about another topic...

Be(a)st regards,
Maidenaustria

It's not such a big breakthrough these days really anymore thought...I've heard Run to the hills and NoTB many times on radio 1 and some random welsh stations

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Dec 17 2005, 10:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Dec 17 2005, 10:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]If anyone in Britain has digital radio, listen to Planet Rock!! They play Can I Play With Madness, Run To The Hills, NOTB, Bring Your Daughter..., as well as Bruce Dickinson songs, and I even heard Hallowed Be Thy Name from Death on the Road once before too! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125311[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Nice! Whats the frequency, or do you HAVE to have DAB radio? I would love a radio station that actually played maiden stuff, and more stuff than RttH! Wot other bands do they play?

You guys are lucky. when i moved to the u.s from argentina, I stopped hearing metal on the radios premenantly.

All i hear on the radio these days are green day and slipknot, (no offense PH)

[!--QuoteBegin-national acrobat+Dec 17 2005, 11:17 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(national acrobat @ Dec 17 2005, 11:17 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]If anyone in Britain has digital radio, listen to Planet Rock!! They play Can I Play With Madness, Run To The Hills, NOTB, Bring Your Daughter..., as well as Bruce Dickinson songs, and I even heard Hallowed Be Thy Name from Death on the Road once before too! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]125311[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I just have to back this up. PLanet Rock is the best radio station there is in the UK. They play quite a range of Maiden, as well as a load of Classic Rock, which is my favourite kinda stuff.

[!--QuoteBegin-Silky+Jan 7 2006, 09:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Silky @ Jan 7 2006, 09:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Nice!  Whats the frequency, or do you HAVE to have DAB radio?  I would love a radio station that actually played maiden stuff, and more stuff than RttH!  Wot other bands do they play?
[snapback]126540[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Well it's a digital radio station, but you can listen via its website. Thay play all sorts of classic rock.

Back