Maiden on Spotify

bearfan

Ancient Mariner
Was listening to Spotify today and Maiden came up as a related artist. I generally do not listen to them on Spotify, have the MP3s on my phone already. Anyway, looking thought the list, all the studio albums are on there, but the have "Sign of the Cross" on X-Factor greyed out as "artist or label decided not to make this song available" ... the live versions are there however.

Thought that was odd, anyone have any idea why?

Spotify is weird sometimes with things like that. When I click on it, I get the message: "The artist/label has chosen to make this track unavailable". It might be like with Amazon mp3's where you have to buy full albums to get certain songs. I've also noticed that longer Dream Theater songs are unavailable on Spotify.

In the end I'd say the artists (or their managers/record labels on their behalf) themselves have (or at least: should have) total control in this matter. They decide how their material should be distributed. Probably better business that way.

Country restrictions vary. You get all DT material in Sweden, as well as Sign of the Cross.

I see all of the DT stuff here (US) ... I did think it odd that only Sign of the Cross is blocked, but they do allow the live version from the last best of album

Weird, I see the DT stuff too but it's imported from my PC. When it wasn't on my PC, certain songs weren't available. Like all of disc two of Six Degrees.

Back