Maiden in Concert: Lines, Rows and People?

MadMax

Invader
My girlfriend and I are going to see Maiden in Dortmund, Germany on 8th December. Since we're living in Berlin, we'll have to travel across the country to get there. And we like to get to the front in a concert, no farther than row 10.

Can anybody tell me from their experience how long the lines are on a Maiden concert and how many people will try to get to the front? I've been on solid rock concerts with many fans, but I've never had any trouble getting to the front even half an hour before the show started. I could imagine that Maiden will fill up much quicker, so the question is, how early before the concert should we be in Dortmund to have a chance to be one of the first?

Thankies!

You started a thread to ask at what time you have to get to a concert at? :huh:

Yeah... why not? Makes a difference whether we catch a train at 6:00 in the morning or at 15:00...

Let's put it this way: it helps to be among the first ones at the doors. And when they open... run!

There are exceptions to the rule, though, as when the opening act is not so appreciated by the crowd, it's easier to worm your way to the front before Maiden start.

Another exception is that it's also easier if you're 6'6" and 16 stones...

I wish I could have gotten floor, but instead I'll be off to a side about 1/2 back. I would get there as early as I could, buy my Maiden swag (to avoid huge lines on the way out), and run like mad when they opened up. Be prepared to get a little crushed, but whats a bit of sweat and bruises amongst fans?

Back