Maiden England Double Header? [pure speculation!]

clivetiger

Prowler
I've been thinking a lot about the potential release of a Maiden England DVD. As the band is currently on a Seventh Son trip touring-wise, could the time be right for a combined DVD?. Just imagine it - a DVD reissue of the original Maiden England VHS, combined with a brand new concert from the current tour. Pure Maiden magic!

It seems that as the 'History' DVDs continue, the band feels that there's less and less to say (or at least there's less they's like to talk about in public). This would be a great way to sidestep that issue.

And as an afterthought - it seems like Maiden is keeping quiet on UK tour dates at the moment. Cast your minds back to Donington '88. The official line was "no UK tour". And the announcement from the stage was "we're doing a UK tour" (I've still got my bootleg tape!). Would I be the only one to be surprised if there was a special announcement at Download?

Sorry if all this has been mooted elsewhere - I'm not much of a one for posting on forums!

Up the Irons!

Yeah, I also think it will happen. It would be nice, that way I wouldn't have to buy two releases with essentially same content :p

With how amazingly well done this tour's set and stage design are, I would almost prefer a concert from this year instead of the original 1988 Maiden England.

But I could go for a double header... have the original on disc one, with the new one on disc two. That'd be awesome.

I was thinking about the uk tour thing earlier. I reckon that in their contract with Download they are not allowed to announce any Uk dates until the festival is sold out or Saturday day tickets sell out (they go on ale around April time.) I live in hope as last time they did a festival was Soniphere '1o and they said it was their only uk date of that year, but this time they haven't said it's a uk exclusive so fingers crossed for an announcement around May next year!!

I was thinking about the uk tour thing earlier. I reckon that in their contract with Download they are not allowed to announce any Uk dates until the festival is sold out or Saturday day tickets sell out (they go on ale around April time.)
Bah, these are stinky tactics.

Back