Lucozade, Daley Thompson And The Phantom

A

Anonymous

Can someone put me out of my misery bUt I am sure in the early to mid eighties there was an advert for Lucozade which basically had British decathlete Daley Thompson and had The Phantom of The Opera as the soundtrack. No-one I speak to remembers it! I was quite young at the time (I bet some of you bastards werent even born) so I may be imagining the whole thing!!

Anybody out there help me?

[!--quoteo(post=133146:date=Mar 28 2006, 01:43 AM:name=Nephellim)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nephellim @ Mar 28 2006, 01:43 AM) [snapback]133146[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I remember that ad.
[/quote]

thats all?
i dont even know what are you talking about

Yeha, that's right, it had Daley Thomson waiting in the blocks and then starting a practice run as the intro to Phantom built up. It was a long time ago, lucozade bottles were still glass.

More recently, the track has been used for a KFC advert, with the colonel falling from the sky or something if I remember.

[!--quoteo(post=133162:date=Mar 28 2006, 09:56 AM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 28 2006, 09:56 AM) [snapback]133162[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
thats all?
[/quote]

What more should he say? :: thegodthatish asked if someone remembers that ad, and Neph said he did. What else is there to it?

[!--quoteo(post=133162:date=Mar 28 2006, 07:56 AM:name=agdabavipain)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(agdabavipain @ Mar 28 2006, 07:56 AM) [snapback]133162[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
thats all?
[/quote]
Try reading the opening post! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

I remember the AD, not clear enough as it seems. I seem to recall it was Linford Christie not Daley Thompson. This fact I added to Wikipedia only for someone else to correct it. ::

Back