Lord of the ringgs, the return of the King

[!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--] wee i'm gonna see the return of the king in some hours!!
anyone else going to see it?

[!--emo&:yey:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/luxhello[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'luxhello[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Tomorrow- huzzah! Then I shall be free from the present essay tyranny *misty-eyed*..

I'll see it either Thursday nite or Friday afternoon. Advance reviews are saying it's better than the first two movies ... and since the first two rocked, this one might just BLOW MY FREAKIN' MIND. I know they left out the Scouring of the Shiire, but I hope they included the Paths of the Dead! And Ghan-Buri-Ghan!

I envy you, who live in the world.
Here, in the world's ass, we can see it in january 1, 2004.

my girlfriend invited me to go to the premiere but dont know.... i didnt like the others.. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I will see it after Christmas, but I have no expectations since The Two Towers is the worst movie I've ever seen...

Up Silmarillion and the Lord of the Rings books, and we shouldn't forget our little hobbit either...

First of all it was great!! I don't think anyone of you will get dissapointed, exept for Shadow [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] , even though much is left out!

Peter Jackson has said that he is willing to film "Bilbo" to, so i hope he does!

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Dec 17 2003, 07:08 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Dec 17 2003, 07:08 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] The Two Towers is the worst movie I've ever seen... [/quote]
That's OK. I had no taste in movies when I was your age, either. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

GIGLE was the worst movie ever. The Lord of the rings rocks. I'm seeing it friday. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I saw LOTR 1 and 2 and they were great!.
I've read the books and love this story, so I'm dying to see the third...

What I don't like with the movies is that they've left out EVERYTHING that have a point itself and replaced it with useless action.

[!--QuoteBegin-Shadow+Dec 18 2003, 04:23 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shadow @ Dec 18 2003, 04:23 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] What I don't like with the movies is that they've left out EVERYTHING that have a point itself and replaced it with useless action. [/quote]
You have a good point but it's VERY good entertainment though.

Standing alone with a different opinion
Feeling the posts that is blowing
Sensing the change in opinions again
Brought by the film that is brewing...

Feel the anxienty hold of the film...

Saw the movie last night, and it FREAKIN' ROCKS!!! One of the best movies I've ever seen, and it should be a shoo-in for Best Picture. WOW!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The books will ALWAYS (with extremely few exceptions) be better than the movies. Just that in this case, i hated the fact that they started sing every other page, so I love the movies for omitting most of the incredible gayness. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Okay. I would like to point out that I saw RotK at one of the first two premiers in THE WORLD in Halifax, NS, at 12:01 AM (Which is 11:01 PM on the 16th EST) on the 17th.

Secondly. Shadow, I completely understand what you mean by the movie losing much of it's point from the books. If you analyze it carefully you realize that the entire character of Aragorn has been changed. Also, Elves at Helm's Deep? Huh?

Anyway. Fact of the matter is, a movie is never supposed to be a perfect reflection of the novel. If you go into the Lord of the Rings movies expecting JRR Tolkien, you will be very disappointed. Expect instead a movie loosely based on those novels, and you will be pleasantly surprised.

"Useless action"? Well, maybe some of it. But other parts are incredibly well choreographed battle scenes, that look beautiful. I cried when Eomer arrived at Helm's Deep in the Two Towers. I like cavalry charges (maybe why I think The Trooper rocks!).

The costumes of the movie are beautiful and completely accurate. The Elvish speech used is (supposedly) perfect. The attention to every detail is amazing. Even most of the actors are wonderful. Fellows like Ian McKellan and John Rhys-Davies are some of the best actors in the world, and they delivered their roles amazingly well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you don't like the story, watch the battles. If you don't like the battles, pay attention to the story. If you don't like either, hey, the music is amazing and the scenery rocks!

Leave it to LooseCannon to bring peace among the people of Middle-Maiden lol. You drive it home yet again. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've just come home from the cinema. So what to say... good movie! Of course, in some places it's completely different from the book (especially in the end), but, you know, some things won't look good when put nito a screenplay. Overall meaning is kept original, and it's good. I also liked the acting (Elijah Wood is much more talented than I thought of him) and special effects (the monsters are realistic! One old woman was even scared of them!). A lot of battle episodes with good fighting... uuuh, I love it! Much better than silly teary-eyed love stories! So I think that this movie would become an international superhit! 'Kin awesome!

I finally saw it today and... well... very very good movie, but it did confirm my suspicions about Frodo's sexual tendencies (not there's anything wrong with that). lol. I loved it, AMAZING doesn't even begin to describe it. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You have very good points but the character change of Aragorn annoys me less than the one of Faramir. Wasn't he supposed to be the one who resisted the power of the Ring? Wasn't he supposed to be stronger than his brother were? I think his character transforming was a great loss....

Ok... the music is nice...

Back