London bombings

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
I just heard the news that London has been attacked. As of now, the CBC is reporting two dead and dozens wounded. I'm trying to get a live stream from the BBC at the moment to find out more.
Scotland Yard is on full alert and the army has been called in. They're advising people NOT to travel into London unless absolutely necessary, and if you're in the city to stay where you are. They just announced that Al Queda has claimed responsibility (but it's not confirmed)London is one of the pillars of Western civillization; if this is indeed the world o f Al Queda, then their campaign to dismantle the "infidel" West is still underway.

I know we have quite a few people here who live (or used to live) in the London area; I hope, first and formost, that you and your families are all safe. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. This cowardly attack came just one day after the great celebrations over getting the Olympic Games, so it seems all-the-more disgusting.

Our local paper went to press before these attacks. The front page shows a colour photo of a woman, clearly English, waving a Union Jack in the air and shouting in triumph over getting the games. Kinda heart-wrenching now [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-IronDuke+Jul 7 2005, 03:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IronDuke @ Jul 7 2005, 03:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Our local paper went to press before these attacks. The front page shows a colour photo of a woman, clearly English, waving a Union Jack in the air and shouting in triumph over getting the games. Kinda heart-wrenching now [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111302[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Our paper has a picture of a young girl with the Union Jack on the front page, smiling and happy. What a horrible irony. [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If I caught up with the guys who did this... Then they'd have to hang me for the crimes I'd commit to them. You utter bastards!

Just devastating.. I feel like an emotional wreck after today. I hope you are caught and made to die slowly. I hope your testicles are pulled off until you scream in pain. Pigs! I'm sick of all this fucking killing, just end it all..

*cough* I seem to have got a bit carried away then....

The city I love most under attack. Sadness and rage are how i'm feeling right now. I must congratulate the emergency services who have done a terrific job. It has been said many times in British press on how the Emergency services have been training for such an attack and it seems to have been worthwhile. The accounts of those who survived are horrifying.
Stay strong Britain.
[img src=\'http://www.proudtobebritish.co.uk/ptbb/intropics/uk.gif\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

The attack hit Britain, but was aimed at the Western World and Civilisation. Like New York and Washington, like Madrid... Barbarians pulled down the Roman Empire. Will those bastards destroy us too? [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

This poem was just read on the BBC news feed I'm listening to:

London Pride

You come to place your bags of hate
On bus and train, you made us late
Yet we’ll be back again tomorrow
We’ll carry on despite our sorrow

Your bags of hate caused some to die
Yet we stride out strong with heads held high
You’ll never win, we will not bow
You can’t defeat us, you don’t know how

This London which we love with pride
Is a town where scum like you can’t hide
Don’t worry we will hunt you down
Then Lock you up in name of Crown

We’re London and we’re many races
Just look you’ll see our stoic faces
We all condemn your heinous act
You will not win and that’s a fact

We’ll mourn our dead and shed a tear
But we will not bow to acts of fear
You’re out there somewhere all alone
There’s nowhere now you can call home

Olympics ours we’ve won the race
Your timing then a real disgrace
Our strength you’ll find remains unbowed
We’re London and we’re very proud.

London faced the Blitz and survived. Those cunts will never pull us under, whatever they throw at us.

The children of England shall never be slaves! [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Jul 7 2005, 07:42 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Jul 7 2005, 07:42 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]London faced the Blitz and survived. Those cunts will never pull us under, whatever they throw at us.

The children of England shall never be slaves!  [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]111346[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Well said Maverick.

They shall never win.

Currently my favourite quote of them all:

"In war: resolution. In defeat: defiance. In victory: magnanimity. In peace: good will."

Sir Winston S. Churchill, The Second World War.

"Still more majestic shalt thou rise,
More dreadful from each foriegn stroke
And the loud blast that tears the sky
Serves but to root thy native oak!"

It doesn't relate to the happenings, but....

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

-Winston Churhill.

I have no fancy quotes, or poems or sayings. I'm just happy to see that the people in this board care: about their fellow members, their cities, countries etc. I've never been so proud to be a member of this board as I am now.

It might be beating a dead horse, but here he is again:

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."

"The people with one voice would say: 'You have committed every crime under the sun. Where you have been the least resisted there you have been the most brutal. It was you who began the indiscriminate bombing. We will have no truce or parley with you, or the grisly gang who work your wicked will. You do your worst - and we will do our best.'"

-Sir Winston Churchill

[!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] what a shame i'm not proud of being muslim because of those people!!

When the US was attacked almost 4 years ago, every nation in the world stood by us and expressed their sympathy and outrage - including England. So I feel free to say, on behalf of all Americans*, that we stand by England and especially by London. The events of 9/11 brought out the best in New Yorkers; I'm sure today will do the same for Londoners.

I don't understand how these bloodthirsty idots can think that "terrorism" gets them anywhere. They may cause some terror in the short run, but it is always quickly replaced by courage and a desire for justice. And while I'm not religious myself, I get particularly pissed off at those who claim that their religion justifies their violence. It makes all religious people look bad by association, which isn't fair because most religious people only use their religion for good purposes.

[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']*Any Americans who disagree with me can kiss my ass.[/span]

Don't say that huxley, I am not ashamed of being a Catholic even though Catholics were responsible for a geocentric view of the universe, the inquisition, the crusades, supressing free speech, free press etc. You shouldn't be ashamed for who you are because of a few bad apples.

It's a terrible thing..... HAILS to ENGLAND.

[img src=\'http://www.manowar.com/images/releases/a_hte_large.jpg\' border=\'0\' alt=\'user posted image\' /]

Hope that shit terrorism not coming to Norway. And if anyone hurts my family or Iron Maiden or anyone else i know, I'll join the army! I am underaged but still...

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Jul 7 2005, 06:02 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Jul 7 2005, 06:02 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Don't say that huxley, I am not ashamed of being a Catholic even though Catholics were responsible for a geocentric view of the universe, the inquisition, the crusades, supressing free speech, free press etc. You shouldn't be ashamed for who you are because of a few bad apples.
[snapback]111371[/snapback]​
[/quote]

IronDuke agrees with Onhell. I forget who said it, but remember this: All extremes are error. The reverse of error is not truth, but error still. Truth lies between extremes.

99.9999% of Muslims are peaceful, hard working, decent people. It's the idiots who yell the loudest who give the faith a bad name. I see now that the Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the attacks and said they are just as appalled and shocked as all other British citizens.
Never be ashamed of your faith, huxley! Islam is a peaceful religion which urges its adherants to worship Allah, not to kill 'infidels'. Anyone who would do such a thing, especially in the name of Islam, is definately not a good Muslim in my books.

Back