live videos yay or nay?

A

Anonymous

this would be for live performances rock in rio or then no more lies vid. And music videos wildest dreams and *shudder* Holy Smoke

im gonna have to got with live performances as they sound better and are far more entertaining to watch [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sam thing thefrush said [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It honestly depends on the band. Certain bands which I enjoy are significantly better when their voices are still enhanced and someone else is playing their instruments (ie Linkin Park). Metal, however, is almost always best when played live.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 30 2004, 12:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 30 2004, 12:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] (ie Linkin Park) [/quote]
[!--emo&:eww:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ed_barf[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ed_barf[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:puke:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/pukeface.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'pukeface.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

certainly Live.i love fans singin'

Im not bothered [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

there are few videos that are bether then live preformance but onley few....

I don't get the question. Do we prefer to watch recordings of live performances or watch music videos..on tv? I rather go to a concert than see a concert on tv. I hate music videos in which it is a simple recording of a live performance, they are lame and boring. Most metal music videos suck (Megadeth's hanger 18 anyone?) I just wish someone had the vision to be able to take such wonderful music and make a great video. The only ones I really like are Tool's.

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Apr 14 2004, 06:17 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Apr 14 2004, 06:17 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I don't get the question. Do we prefer to watch recordings of live performances or  watch music videos..on tv? I rather go to a concert than see a concert on tv. I hate music videos in which it is a simple recording of a live performance, they are lame and boring. Most metal music videos suck (Megadeth's hanger 18 anyone?) I just wish someone had the vision to be able to take such wonderful music and make a great video. The only ones I really like are Tool's. [/quote]
Where can you found megadeth videoclip? im curious [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

You can't beat the atmosphere of a live concert, but then again live videos are good for those who can't get to a concert.
Also watching the video you get a better view!

Some live DVDs are pure perfection...such as the Led Zep DVD, the Rock In Rio DVD...etc. Then again, some are a tad lame.

Same with music videos. The Primus music video DVD is awesome, but I find other music video dvds a bit draggy, merely because some videos are a tad boring.

Back