Listen to the New Judas Priest Album Online

The Saint

Powerslave
Staff member
VH1.com has opened a stream page for the new Judas Priest album:

[a href=\'http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/judas_priest/873343/album.jhtml?popThis=playIt()\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/judas_priest...opThis=playIt()[/a]

You can listen to the whole songs with your Windows Media Player.

The production is clearly from Roy Z [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The first song is quite a blast (listening it again now).

Cheers

I absolutely agree, it sounds like he has never been away

Loch ness is a bit cheesy, I stay 2 miles from loch ness and I have never seen any mist, but I have seen more than a few monsters after a few beers!! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And Lochness [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Ok, enough now [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Cheers

I'll wait for a better version of it to surface for the full listen, but I'll take a look at a few of the songs now.

EDIT: The first song is absolutely badass. Sounds just like their Painkiller-era stuff to me.

Judas is risiiiiiiiiiing!!!

Let's say that Judas Priest has riseeeeeeeen! This sounds very good indeed. This will be in my cd-player for the next month! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

edit: Judas Priest must be the first band in human history that has managed to make a 15 minute song about a lake... [!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:dork:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dorky[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dorky[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some good stuff ('Judas rising', 'Deal with the devil', 'Eulogy', 'Hellrider'), and some pretty weak ('Revolution', 'Worth fighting for' and 'Lochness'). I guess I'll wait 'til I see the album at mid-price.

its not a lake, its a loch, (Sorry its a Scottish thing) [!--emo&-_---][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sleep.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Deal With The Devil is amazing, the rest is between good (Judas Rising [Freewheel Burning on thorazine], Demonizer, and Hellrider) and not so good (Lochness being 13 minutes of aural agony...). Still gonna buy it [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

am I the only one who found that album just as boring and mediocre as any other Priest release? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Feb 24 2005, 11:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Feb 24 2005, 11:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]am I the only one who found that album just as boring and mediocre as any other Priest release? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]98535[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I found it an average album, although the late 70s-early 80s releases from Priest were quite good.

i do not really like Priest, but this album was a little cool [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-snakehips666+Feb 23 2005, 09:32 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(snakehips666 @ Feb 23 2005, 09:32 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Loch ness is a bit cheesy, I stay 2 miles from loch ness and I have never seen any mist, but I have seen more than a few monsters after  a few beers!! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]98480[/snapback]​
[/quote]

that's because it's not mist, but myst!!!! bouoouououou!!

[!--QuoteBegin-Maidenfreak+Feb 24 2005, 05:26 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maidenfreak @ Feb 24 2005, 05:26 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]am I the only one who found that album just as boring and mediocre as any other Priest release? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]98535[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I only listened to one song - I'm going to wait for the official release for the rest. But I would agree that the one song I heard (Judas Rising) was about average for Priest.

Now I know that Freaky is not a Priest fan, whereas I am. So "average for Priest" means he's not impressed, while I thought it was great. But Freaky's assessment seems to be correct: this album is not going to break any new ground for Priest. If you already like them, you'll like the new album. If you don't, you won't be converted.

i never heard priest before but i sure do like this album, especially the softer songs (worth fighting for, angel, eulogy) but the rockers are good too! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-sfeerkeeltsie+Feb 26 2005, 12:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(sfeerkeeltsie @ Feb 26 2005, 12:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]i never heard priest before but i sure do like this album, especially the softer songs (worth fighting for, angel, eulogy) but the rockers are good too! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]98667[/snapback]​
[/quote]Might I recommend you some Priest albums, then: Painkiller, Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance, British Steel, and perhaps Sad Wings of Destiny if you don't mind their more "classic" sound. There's more they've done, of course, but those I'd consider their best, and all worth getting. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-SearanoX+Feb 27 2005, 03:58 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SearanoX @ Feb 27 2005, 03:58 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Might I recommend you some Priest albums, then: Painkiller, Stained Class, Screaming for Vengeance, British Steel, and perhaps Sad Wings of Destiny if you don't mind their more "classic" sound.  There's more they've done, of course, but those I'd consider their best, and all worth getting.  [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]98718[/snapback]​
[/quote]

yes you might, but i'll have to wait to get those, first gonna get all iron maiden stuff, then bruce, then ayreon, then blind guardian, then iced earth, then judas priest and maybe some blaze stuff and ac/dc too and of course rammstein, but i can always lend those from my brother!

but it's gonna take a while since i am just a poor kid! [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back