Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Look down there on the floor, next to the radiator. That's an actual Maiden fan, that is.
22770774_10154835572482051_7493436904425959465_o.jpg
Where's the love button? However, I'm not sure what that is next to the radiator.

Just in the last week, Maiden's official youtube has put up every studio and almost every live release by the band as well as all 3 history documentaries. Not that most of us need to go there to watch them, but that's still really cool for fans who might not be able to afford to buy everything. Especially younger people just getting into Maiden.

Messed up the action on my guitar while trying to tune a full-step down. Floyd Rose guitars are such a pain in the ass.

You need to do some heavy bridge adjustment when you change tunings to retain the action. I tuned a half-step up once and the action rose really high. Floyds are the pain, especially when it's a cheaper version made of soft metals, like mine. But it'll feel good to go for a regular bridge after going through the Floyd ordeal, I guess.

You need to do some heavy bridge adjustment when you change tunings to retain the action. I tuned a half-step up once and the action rose really high. Floyds are the pain, especially when it's a cheaper version made of soft metals, like mine. But it'll feel good to go for a regular bridge after going through the Floyd ordeal, I guess.

The action got so low initially that the 12th on the low E was pretty much inaudible. I got it to a more passable state but it still felt awkward to play. The worst thing is, I didn't even get to tune it full-step down, had to go back to standard to get the action to that passable state. I'll try again tomorrow but may need to visit the guitar shop in the end.

My Ibanez Satch guitar doesn't even have a Floyd Rose but it does have locking tremelo, so tuning and retuning is a bastard. It's sad but that's what keeps me from playing the guitar often.

I'm just about to go see The Iron Maidens.

Have fun! Saw 'em about a month back and they were awesome as always.

My Ibanez Satch guitar doesn't even have a Floyd Rose but it does have locking tremelo, so tuning and retuning is a bastard. It's sad but that's what keeps me from playing the guitar often.

Satch guitars have what's called an Edge bridge, right? Another floating tremolo but probably better quality because the Satch models are not exactly cheap.

Back