Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

Thank you guys :wub:

Both of you do take care with any glass doors as you leave...
It's in the genes. As a kid, my dad fell through glass doors in his building. Went home and tried to hide it, but my grandma found blood and glass in his shoes... I'm not sure what he was thinking really.

Hope he does well, Night Prowler.

My father found out yesterday he has macular degeneration. :(
That sucks... Grandpa was actually supposed to have cataract surgery this Friday, but that's gonna have to be cancelled. Haven't heard anything from the hospital today, and visits aren't allowed today. (Actually just after writing this I got news that he's off oxygen and infusion, but still tough situation. Those must be good signs though.)

My father found out yesterday he has macular degeneration. :(
Thank you, everybody! My father is pretty fit for his age, he kept doing cycling holidays etc., and he eats pretty healthy too. I'm afraid the smoking (pipe!, which he did for half a century) might have had its effect (he quit about a year ago), although that factor might not be a musthave to get this (I think, not sure, I haven't read much into it yet). But because he feels so well for the rest, the prospect of not seeing well won't just include difficulties. I'm afraid it will also include sadness, e.g. if he can't see how his grandchildren are evolving among other things. That saddens me too. My dad heard about a possible treatment that might slow things down, but it's way too early to know how fast all this goes.
Shit news, Foro. I guess health is something we all take for granted when it's good. Can be really deflating, or even shocking, when that bubble is inevitably burst. I'm sure you guys will cope/manage.

Whenever I speak more than usual, my throat starts to really hurt and eventually swells up. It appears that my body has adapted to my non-talkative ways.
My voice is frequently ruined on Mondays.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with me drinking whisly on Saturdays or going to football games on Sundays.

Mine's been up and running for three weeks now (this being the third). Matter of fact, we even had a bomb threat today. :facepalm:

Mine's been up and running for three weeks now (this being the third). Matter of fact, we even had a bomb threat today. :facepalm:
My school had a bomb scare once. They didn't really have a procedure for it so they treated it like a fire drill and marched us all out to the usual assembly point, which was the tennis courts. They didn't tell us it was a bomb scare, so we had no idea why we were standing outside in the freezing cold for about an hour. And of course it never occured to anyone in charge that if the building had blown up, it would have landed right on top of us there ...

I never had a bomb threat at my high school but it used to be a common problem in the country back when phone booths used to work. One school used to get anonymous bomb threats every 2nd day, and every time from a different phone booth in a different part of the city, so it was hard to catch the perpetrators.

Easily.

halo.jpg

Back