Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

You just know you want to go to Disney with this on! :lol:
lYHRDMa.jpg

The first time in my life that I have the chance to see a solar eclipse in person, and of course it's cloudy the entire time. :grumble:

Exactly the same thing happened to me two years ago. It was overcast all morning (and bloody cold) because of the eclipse. Once the eclipse ended the cloud broke up and the sky cleared up. So basically the eclipse stopped the sun breaking up the cloud which prevented us from seeing the eclipse.

I've also been unlucky with the last few eclipses, both the last partial solar eclipse and some lunar eclipses.

In other news: Today I was in one of these:

Exactly the same thing happened to me two years ago. It was overcast all morning (and bloody cold) because of the eclipse. Once the eclipse ended the cloud broke up and the sky cleared up. So basically the eclipse stopped the sun breaking up the cloud which prevented us from seeing the eclipse.
Was that the official explanation then? Oh the irony! It was exactly the same down here in Hampshire. And I had booked the day off work months in advance so I could go to the park at the top of the hill to watch the eclipse, and it was so overcast I couldn't even be sure where the sun was!

Also I had purchased five solar viewers for the occasion, and left the other four at work in case anyone wanted to sneak out to the car park and have a look. One of them came back to me the next day with a post-it attached which said "They were SO good I missed it! LOL!"
:(

Back