Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

I assume you're still looking in news/reporting, then?
Anything! Journalism, social media, public relations, administrative work, call centres, supermarkets, public sector, bar work. I haven't tried for retail jobs other than supermarkets, they tend to ask for more experience. I'd also be crap at direct sales.

I managed to get a standing ticket for the second London show. :) I was hoping to get one for Manchester as it's on a Saturday but Ticketmaster didn't want to give me a standing ticket.

I bought a chair approximately 20 days ago. I bring it home. I start assembling the chair. A part is missing. I can't assemble the chair without it. So I call the store and they transfer me to another number for disputes. So I tell them about the missing part and they are like, "we're putting this dispute on fast track" or some shit like that "and they are gonna call me in a few days". A week later I call again and they are like "guy who you called forgot, we're putting this dispute on fast track". So two days later I call again and they are like "guy is gonna call you to tell you when he's gonna come by to give you the part". So the guy calls the same day and tells me he's gonna be here tomorrow. I wasn't home that day but grandpa was and he told me the guy just came to see what was missing but didn't actually bring the missing part. He gave grandpa some "dispute paper". I come home and call them and they are like "the guy needs to bring us the paper and then we're gonna send you the part". So on Tuesday they call to tell me the guy will visit today to give me the part. He called me few minutes ago to tell me that he'll be here in 30 minutes to bring me part X. I need part Y. He's like "k, not gonna come today after all". For fuck's sake. Now I'm gonna call again to tell them if they don't give me the part by tomorrow, I'm bringing the chair back to the store to ask for my money back.

That's ass-backwards customer service. They should have just said "Bring the chair back and we'll exchange it" or "come in and we'll get the part from another chair".

Delivered now at last. Maybe they read Maidenfans?

I would've taken it back to the store the first day, but the store can't be reached by bus and since I don't own a car, I would've had to take a taxi there and back and that would've been a waste of money since it wasn't my fault they misplaced a part.

Gotta love Theo

After helping the Chicago Cubs break their 108-year championship drought, team president Theo Epstein was named Fortune's No. 1 World Leader.

Fortune praised Epstein for the team's turnaround calling him the "wunderkind executive" who wisely modeled the Cubs after the Boston Red Sox.

Epstein, however, is not buying it. Esptein had a fantastic reaction to the title, scoffing at it to ESPN's Buster Olney.

"Um, I can't even get my dog to stop peeing in the house. That is ridiculous. The whole thing is patently ridiculous. It's baseball--a pastime involving a lot of chance. If Zobrist's ball is three inches farther off the line, I'm on the hot seat for a failed five-year plan. And I'm not even the best leader in our organization; our players are."

Esptein rounded off the top five, finishing ahead of Alibaba's Jack Ma, Pope Francis, Melinda Gates, and Jeff Bezos.

Back