Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the 25th anniversary of TNOTB (in 2007) they played only four songs from it instead of the promised five.
Yep and the A matter of Life and Death full set list of that tour was dropped to celebrate that anniversary in Donnington. So who knows…

They should play The Prisoner, 22. Accacia Avenue, Children of the Damned and the standard evergreens: RTTH, TNOFB, HBTN so that'd be great anyway. And I think they re-announce Asian ans Oceanian dates as it was originally planned for 2020.

I think they could play The number of the Beast whole album. That could be 45-50 min. they could play the rest of the legacy of the beast songs after it.

Yep and the A matter of Life and Death full set list of that tour was dropped to celebrate that anniversary in Donnington. So who knows…
The setlist (during the 2nd leg of the AMOLAD tour in 2007) was the same for the whole 2nd leg (with the four songs from TNOTB album), not only for Download Festival 2007.

Here's a closer look of Adrian during his solo in ''Revelations'':

*they should have used a concert where he does this solo for Nights Of The Dead live album... especially because he does tapping (which is a different version of the original studio solo) and because we already have a version of Janick's solo in Flight 666 live album - and because it sounds great.

World Slavery Tour was the last time (before the LOTB tour) when Adrian played that solo (the song was played live during 6 other tours thereafter).

just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the additional tour dates for Legacy they were supposed to announce. There is silence is Greece about the rumoured date and I think the video that was hinting at it has come down from the promoters. Maybe someone who is a fun club member has learned or heard anything at the forums there?

Yes still no news about that at all... I'm starting to get worried that something has gone wrong and they will eventually not visit Greece again.

The same with the show in Budapest. The promoter said the show is still in question, but they still gave the facebook event a date (8th of June, 2022), and it fits in the tour schedule. 6th June should be Zagreb I guess, don't know about Greece. I don't understand what are they waiting for with these remaining shows, maybe they are thinking about rebranding them to the new album tour?

yeah, that could be the case. maybe they will be announced along with the rest, rebranded, tour.

I don't think the tour will be rebranded, they might just have to work out some details especially with festivals.

World Slavery Tour was the last time (before the LOTB tour) when Adrian played that solo (the song was played live during 6 other tours thereafter).

6 tours? Unless I am missing something, Revelations has been played on five tours since the World Slavery Tour: the GMETID tour in 2003, the Early Days tour in 2005, the SBIT tour in 2008 (dropped for the 2009 leg), the final leg of the Maiden England in 2014 tour and the LOTB 2018/19 tour.

I wholeheartedly agree about Adrian's solo.

Some 'new' facts for you to devour regarding IM touring decisions.

IRON MAIDEN TOURING LLP is the registered company for the six members and I have spent a lazy hour or two looking over their annual turnover and the gross profit numbers. See if you can trace the different eras and look at just how lucrative Legacy was ....

All numbers in GBP.

Year end March 2014 - turnover 17,620,060 of which gross profit 8,443,977
Year end March 2015 - turnover 11,098,989 of which gross profit 6,043,371
Year end March 2016 - turnover 4,042,423 of which gross profit 1,701,989
Year end March 2017 - turnover 20,293,788 of which gross profit 8,138,073
Year end March 2018 - turnover 7,045,953 of which gross profit 3,074,648
Year end March 2019 - turnover 23,413,771 of which gross profit 11,061,455
Year end March 2020 - turnover 7,416,418 of which gross profit 3,706,655

I have no idea if this includes merch which I assume is actually separate. Obviously tours cost millions to put on, hence the gap between turnover and profit I assume. But isn't it interesting how variable it is year on year? That first burst of Legacy dates earned a stupid amount of money, and so did the Book of Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back