Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited that IM are returning to Athens; I certainly will be attending even if they play the exact same songs as 2018

So what are your thoughts on the playlist for next year? Surely it cannot be the exact same as the previous legs; the only question is which songs are most likely to be swapped, and which songs do you think/want to make it in?

I would loooove to see Phantom Of The Opera, Paschendale and Heaven Can Wait; wouldn't mind swapping FTGGOG, Wicker Man and Revelations.

Maybe I'm just feeling a bit pessimistic after LOTB year 4 being announced, but I would just expect the exact same set list and show without a single change tbh.

Or maybe one decent song dropped for Wrathchild just to piss me off even more

So what are your thoughts on the playlist for next year? Surely it cannot be the exact same as the previous legs; the only question is which songs are most likely to be swapped, and which songs do you think/want to make it in?
Maybe they will change some songs or maybe not (considering the 2 years without touring).

Maiden England tour was also three legs and the setlist was the same in 2012/2013, but with three changes in 2014 - although if they change some songs in the setlist and release a video concert recorded during this 3rd leg, the setlist of the already released live album (NOTD) and the setlist of the video release are going to be different... something that never happened so far in the band's history.

They can play some of the songs from the LOTB tour poster with the hints (from the 2018 leg of the tour) - ''The Clairvoyant'', ''Heaven Can Wait'' and ''Powerslave'' (played fairly recently).

Maybe they will change some songs or maybe not (considering the 2 years without touring).

Maiden England tour was also three legs and the setlist was the same in 2012/2013, but with three changes in 2014 - although if they change some songs in the setlist and release a video concert recorded during this 3rd leg, the setlist of the already released live album (NOTD) and the setlist of the video release are going to be different... something that never happened so far in the band's history.

They can play some of the songs from the LOTB tour poster with the hints (from the 2018 leg of the tour) - ''The Clairvoyant'', ''Heaven Can Wait'' and ''Powerslave'' (played fairly recently).
I thought the 2014 changes were not too bad. There was a rumour they rehearsed No Prayer for the Dying for the 2014 leg...

I thought the 2014 changes were not too bad. There was a rumour they rehearsed No Prayer for the Dying for the 2014 leg...

Was there though? I think I've asked this before here, as I've wondered what's the source of this rumour. Seems odd.

And even if they did, I wonder why, as the idea of the 2014 leg was to include more older songs to give wider represent of the whole 80's period.

"--so this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period."

While Revelations was a cool addition, I think the initial concept wasn't too well executed , as they replaced songs they haven't played since (Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Clairvoyant) with songs that they actually have played afterwards (Revelations & Wrathchild). :D

As for 2022, I don't have too high hopes regarding the setlist changes and at this point, I'm not even sure if I'd want any. I haven't witnessed, say, Heaven Can Wait live, but I wouldn't trade my chance to see Sign of the Cross or For the Greater Good of God once more for that. Of course, this is very subjective matter.

They were not gonna change the setlist for the 2020 leg and I doubt that has changed.
As much as I'd like to believe in them changing things up and playing, fuckin' I dunno, AtG, 22AA, DWYBO and other acronyms in lieu of the songs we already heard next year, realistically yeah nothing's gonna change. Maybe they'll insert a new song there somewhere but even that seems highly doubtful since they seem hellbent on keeping LotB and that new album separate from each other.

Maybe they'll insert a new song there somewhere but even that seems highly doubtful since they seem hellbent on keeping LotB and that new album separate from each other.
Agree.
They were not gonna change the setlist for the 2020 leg and I doubt that has changed.
This European 3rd leg next year will be in countries which Maiden have played with the same tour during the first leg in 2018... maybe it has a slight chance the setlist will not be the same because of that (and because it is a 3rd leg). As Rod said, they prepare even more spectacular LOTB tour for next year - this can only be done by changing some songs thus changing the stage props/backdrops, I think.

They had to play Asia and Oceania in 2020 (plus Europe) - maybe the setlist would have been the same, because they've not yet visited Asia and Oceania with the LOTB tour, but for next year is different. As I said, because it is a 3rd leg (and because it is a European leg again), this time maybe they will change some songs... (as they did with ME tour - they played in Europe during both legs in 2013 and in 2014 with three changed songs). Also, LOTB & ME are the only tours in the band's history with more than two legs.

I think they'll change the set. No way fans buy tickets for so same show and songs which they witnessed two or even three years ago. If Rod promises they change some aspects of the show (new props, effects, more pyros) it's pretty sure they should change setlist too. Probably we may expect they play brand new single ("WOTW"?) and some other changes too (Revelations to Powerslav?). Playing identical show especially in so same places would be the guarantee of ticket sales flop.

They won't have problems with tickets sales because almost all the shows are rescheduled and postponed with nearly sold out since last year. I think the set list will change in a couple or three songs, and maybe these songs will be recorded for future singles or EP or something like that. I have to say that next year will be the 40th anniversary of "The Number of the beast" so perhaps they'll do something special.

The sales for brand new shows (Arnhem, Frankfurt, Zurich) are completely down. So they got 14 months ahead to sell the tickets but - more changes the better sales imho. :)

Once pandemic is over the music business, shows, festivals, etc… will turned and everybody will want to go to shows.

Steve said so in an interview.
Can you find this interview?
I have to say that next year will be the 40th anniversary of "The Number of the beast" so perhaps they'll do something special.
I'm left with the impression that Maiden don't do special things for the anniversaries of their albums (like Priest did for British Steel, SFV, DOTF and Turbo, for example... and probably other bands).

For the 25th anniversary of TNOTB (in 2007) they played only four songs from it instead of the promised five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back