Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did a few videos.

Videos, what videos? Do you mean clips to sell us stuff? I was shot down in flames at the official Fan Club forum for suggesting that Bruce's first video was in anticipation of something being released soon. 24 hours later I was vindicated by the announcement of the release of Nights of the Dead!

Call me a cynic, but I've come to realise that they only do things when the brand has something to sell, which is fair enough, but please do not go on endlessly about the special relationship you have with your fans.

Last edited:
It still went relatively fast. Certainly faster than some fans (and even part of the band) had wished.
And a lot of people still hoped the band would do something.
This is certainly true. I suspect medical issues and fatigue got in the way. Lifeson especially looked really out of it by the end.

Is Rush not that popular in Europe? Seemed like they weren’t very invested in touring there toward the end of their career.

They were popular. Perhaps Peart didn't want to go through more hassle than needed.

I think people still hoped Rush could be creative, after they quit touring. Here I see a parallel with the Maiden fanbase hoping for new material, although this is expressed before a final tour is done.

This is certainly true. I suspect medical issues and fatigue got in the way. Lifeson especially looked really out of it by the end.

Is Rush not that popular in Europe? Seemed like they weren’t very invested in touring there toward the end of their career.

They were popular enough in some markets (UK, Germany, the Netherlands) to play arenas and make a profit from touring in Europe. It was not their biggest market though.

Videos, what videos? Do you mean clips to sell us stuff? I was shot down in flames at the official Fan Club forum for suggesting that Bruce's first video was in anticipation of something being released soon. 24 hours later I was vindicated by the announcement of the release of Nights of the Dead!

Call me a cynic, but I've come to realise that they only do things when the brand has something to sell, which is fair enough, but please do not go on endlessly about the special relationship you have with your fans.
So, what would you have them do to redeem themselves in your eyes?

They do not need to do anything as they probably do not give a shit about what I think (as long as I keep buying their music), but Adrian’s video playing Gangland was a nice touch in a challenging year.
The quarantine version of Aces High (I think?) was nice, too. Anyway, I know they're not perfect but Maiden will always be my favorite band. I can be critical of them too once in awhile.

Awesome typo.

Someone mentioned that it is possible the band has consciously decided the next album will be the last and that’s why they’re waiting on it.

That was me. However I think they will probably tour til they drop dead they just won't bother with albums anymore. 5 in 21 years, a period where they have been relatively active otherwise, would suggest there's no great urge to record albums. I think their last tour will be one where we go to a gig not knowing that will be our last time seeing them.

I saw them when they played Moving Pictures in full. They played the biggest indoor venue here and it sold out straight away.

This was expected, but it still leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Like when you know you've written your exam badly, but you hope for a miracle and then a professor tells the grades, and you go: "Shit, that wasn't even close..."

I see there's a week between Finland and UK dates and there's also a gap on the poster (those two flags are pretty much apart) - so I'm hoping Croatia still gets a date.

Speaking of poster, it's much less cluttered than previous ones, but I still really dislike this Eddie. IDK, there's just something about his head that really makes me want to punch him. 2M2M background is a nice touch as is that Spitfire which finally crashed (unfortunately Icarus didn't do the same). And if that WOTW ends up just that (Writing on the Wall) I'm starting a fundraiser for a WOT Maiden album. With blackjack and hookers!

Rock in Rio postpones to September of 2022 so they could be looking for complete the South American schedule that month. But it's sure that Maiden don't travel just for one show in other continent. So we'll have more Legacy of the Beast or start the new tour there.

Funny enough, they did this for Rock In Rio 1985.
But they were in the middle of the tour and the gig was after a break for Christmas. All the big Hard Rock and Metal bands were there and it was the first chance to play in South America in front of over 200k people. They were with part of the production, No P.A., No Lightning set, no Big Eddie, many of members of the band were sick the following days in the cold winter in the States.
On these days, they wouldn't go there to play just one show. So they will do more dates in South America.

I don't think that we hear new Iron Maiden album in 2021 - they still need to promote Legacy of the beast tour, several times band mentions that these shows will be something extra (hope for a proper blu-ray release). But it could be NEW Bruce Dickinson album release in 2021 - he started writing it somewhere in 2014 - a proper time to release it.
I've sort of given up hope on the new Bruce album, to be honest. This downtime would've been the perfect time to finish and release it, because, as with Tyranny, he likely would be of the opinion touring the album would be unnecessary. And yet, crickets out of the Dickinson/Z camp ever since he said he has six songs demo-ed. So, I'll be amazed if it ever gets released unless it's part of a future post-career Best Of album where we get the demos on a second disc like he did with CD2 of his first Best Of.

I could see it coming out after Maiden has folded. Maybe he’s banking on that; “the main band is gone, but buy my own music!” But yeah at the same time and after so many years I don’t have many hopes for it.

I've sort of given up hope on the new Bruce album, to be honest. This downtime would've been the perfect time to finish and release it, because, as with Tyranny, he likely would be of the opinion touring the album would be unnecessary. And yet, crickets out of the Dickinson/Z camp ever since he said he has six songs demo-ed. So, I'll be amazed if it ever gets released unless it's part of a future post-career Best Of album where we get the demos on a second disc like he did with CD2 of his first Best Of.
And in 2005 people still bought records, both Itunes and physical sales were still rather strong, not so much any more...there's no economic incentive to pay for studio + Roy Z + drummer + keyboards + mastering and have people stream it on Spotify.

Last edited:
And in 2005 people still bought records, both Itunes and physical sales were still rather strong, not so much any more...there's no economic incentive to pay for studio + Roy Z + drummer + keyboards + mastering and have people stream it on Spotify.
Which is probably why Maiden aren't just dumping the new album out there, because A) it won't make any money, and B ) it'll be irrelevant by the time Legacy 3 is over and they can tour it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back