Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The record is there, as we speak. It's got a title. an artwork, a tracklisting. It's completed.

We already know!

I know the Rod reference is a joke, but I maintain my argument that Rod is no entrepreneur or marketing genius, he's just tight fisted, assertive and good at organising things within the sphere he's comfortable with. This worked a treat in the 70s/early 80s when he was managing a pub band that went 'big', and the music business was about face to face-or telephone negotiations with inside-the-box-thinking record company execs and tour promoters, with a certain amount of casually talking tough with anyone who was being obstructive.

Either he's a hands-off manager, waiting for Maiden (Steve) to suggest a vague direction, or he's out of his depth with modern business opportunities and the online media circus. Either way, Maiden doesn't have a whole lot of direction commercially, other repeating the same formula over and over again. Branded beer has gone from being new and clever to being 'oh god not another one', and that phone game, which was a great idea, has been done to death and looks old when they could have launched other games. There was an entire captive audience during lockdown and Maiden's online presence is dismal. They might be big-money, but they're also not adventurous.

It's probably not in the interests of the band's image to have anything as naff as branded cereals (Trooperbix, anyone?) but they have so much more potential that would involve minimal or even no input from the band. Look at Adrian's web appearance a few months ago, so easy to do, a nice personal contribution that fans value.

I wholeheartedly agree.

On a related note, I should add that I find the band’s attitude during the pandemic rather disappointing. Their lack of interaction with fans has been surprising, considering how much they have boasted over the years about their special relationship with their fans.

On a related note, I should add that I find the band’s attitude during the pandemic rather disappointing. Their lack of interaction with fans has been surprising, considering how much they have boasted over the years about their special relationship with their fans.
I wonder how much of it is apathy and how much of it is just being guys in their 60s in a world of Twitter and Facebook. There's clearly no huge social media push to be "out there".

I also wonder who is making those calls, the band or Rod. And I wonder how in tune Rod is, or if he even cares.

The only way this can be salvaged is if they revamp the setlist and stage show. Replace one of the themes and swap out some songs with some other deep cuts. They won't do it, but they should.
that would be cool,maybe brighter than thousands suns,edge of darkness.....
2022 tour poster!

... this tour has like 6 or 7 posters (since its start in 2018).

View attachment 14295
what is that wotw? its close to that "window" could be a new song?

Attachments

• wotw.jpg
    wotw.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 5
Turns out we, the negative pessismists, were right all along about this years tour. Are you ready for another 12 months of similar discussions and arguments?

A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist.

To be honest, I think I would not be spending much time there until the brand have some new music to sell. There is a limit to the number of times one could argue about the same things with the same people whilst enduring jibes.

brand have some new music
Awesome typo.

Someone mentioned that it is possible the band has consciously decided the next album will be the last and that’s why they’re waiting on it. I could see it, but I also tend to think Maiden will have a somewhat unceremonious end akin to Rush.

I also tend to think Maiden will have a somewhat unceremonious end akin to Rush.

Huh? Their last album was fantastic, they toured with a mini-orchestra behind them, then followed that up with a proper goodbye tour, even dusting off a never-played live deep cut (Losing It) and got they guy who played violin originally to join them onstage in two cities (when they didn't have Peter Dinklage's brother playing it). Celebrities and famous musicians embraced them--some of them even lip-synched to the rap part of Roll the Bones. A documentary of the final tour was made (Time Stand Still). They went from completely uncool to lovingly embraced by pop culture, etc.

If this is unceremonious, please let Maiden have an unceremonious end. Please.

Huh? Their last album was fantastic, they toured with a mini-orchestra behind them, then followed that up with a proper goodbye tour, even dusting off a never-played live deep cut (Losing It) and got they guy who played violin originally to join them onstage in two cities (when they didn't have Peter Dinklage's brother playing it). Celebrities and famous musicians embraced them--some of them even lip-synched to the rap part of Roll the Bones. A documentary of the final tour was made (Time Stand Still). They went from completely uncool to lovingly embraced by pop culture, etc.

If this is unceremonious, please let Maiden have an unceremonious end. Please.

I think @Mosh probably meant that Rush did not advertise they were playing their last tour. It ended when it ended, without any additional fanfare.

What a fantastic way to go if you ask me.

It still went relatively fast. Certainly faster than some fans (and even part of the band) had wished.
And a lot of people still hoped the band would do something.

Someone mentioned that it is possible the band has consciously decided the next album will be the last and that’s why they’re waiting on it.
If that's the case, maybe they could just play it from time to time meanwhile - and heavily edit it prior to release. :dancinggeek:

It still went relatively fast. Certainly faster than some fans (and even part of the band) had wished.
And a lot of people still hoped the band would do something.

Like touring Europe? I definitely was one of those Rush fans who would have loved to see their final tour over here.

I wonder how much of it is apathy and how much of it is just being guys in their 60s in a world of Twitter and Facebook. There's clearly no huge social media push to be "out there".

I also wonder who is making those calls, the band or Rod. And I wonder how in tune Rod is, or if he even cares.
This ^^

They are all older than me and I'm 55. I don't give a shit about Twitter or Instagram. I keep Facebook around to know what friends are up to. You know, because nobody fucking calls anybody to talk anymore, it's just texts.

They did a few videos. They've pretty much always kept to themselves when they weren't active so...../shrug. Hopefully they have been working on some surprises for us that they will eventually unveil.

I think @Mosh probably meant that Rush did not advertise they were playing their last tour. It ended when it ended, without any additional fanfare.

What a fantastic way to go if you ask me.
That is what I meant and yes, wholeheartedly agree. I can’t think of a rock band that ended on a better note. Maybe the Beatles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back