Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is not so bad, maybe they have plans to release the new album before that summer tour and who knows if they play the whole album in it's entirety and when the people ask for the trooper or the number of the beast they will say…well you can come to see us the next summer for the cabaret show :lol:

(hope for a proper blu-ray release).
I think they have recorded the three shows in Mexico 2019 for a future video release from LOTB tour (it is logical since the live album NOTD is from there). If this is not done already, then they can use this 3rd leg next year to record some shows for a video release (which is a must imo).
So was this what Adrian meant with exciting news Maiden fans will be thrilled about? Surely not Ahahahaha.

Its possible they can still release a new album and play 1 song from it much like how they did in North America for the TFF leg.

They are most likely lining up a Sept/ Oct/ Nov North American tour too which was the suspected plan for this year.
Surely not.

And yeah, they can play 1 new song and start the album tour in October 2022 (like it was the scenario with Give Me Ed and DOD tours - the time frame is almost the same).... with 2nd leg in 2023.
The only way this can be salvaged is if they revamp the setlist and stage show. Replace one of the themes and swap out some songs with some other deep cuts. They won't do it, but they should.
Agree. They might change at least 3 songs (ME tour was also three legs and the setlist was the same in 2012/2013, but with three changes in 2014) - although if they change some songs in the setlist and release a video concert recorded during this 3rd leg, the setlist of the already released live album (NOTD) and the setlist of the video release will be different... something that never happened so far in the band's history. (NOTD was also the first live album released before the tour (LOTB ) is over - that's because of the current situation in the world).

LOTB & ME tours are the only tours in band's history with more than two legs.

Rod: ''As we all know, realistically there is no alternative so we will all make the best of it and spend the time preparing for a very memorable and even more spectacular Legacy tour next year, we promise!''

Keep your promise, Rod. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm surprisingly un-disappointed. I still have my Rockfest ticket from last year, and Maiden has been re-added to the bill. :) The location has been changed to Hyvinkää, which suits me better. Legacy was a fine show, so I'm happy to see it again. Of course I would have preferred a new album, but for some reason I feel quite happy about this.

I’d say the reaction to the news has been mostly negative. There are some very loyal Maiden-can-do-no-wrong fans who are trying to see the positive side of this (“Maiden will be touring, I do not care what they play!”) though.

I personally feel quite disappointed that they have decided to maximise the profits from nostalgia to the point that a new studio album (not so new when it gets released) would probably be collecting dust for over 3 years before it gets released.

Rod has missed a massive opportunity to recreate this iconic artwork with Eddie as Liza Minelli...

I know the Rod reference is a joke, but I maintain my argument that Rod is no entrepreneur or marketing genius, he's just tight fisted, assertive and good at organising things within the sphere he's comfortable with. This worked a treat in the 70s/early 80s when he was managing a pub band that went 'big', and the music business was about face to face-or telephone negotiations with inside-the-box-thinking record company execs and tour promoters, with a certain amount of casually talking tough with anyone who was being obstructive.

Either he's a hands-off manager, waiting for Maiden (Steve) to suggest a vague direction, or he's out of his depth with modern business opportunities and the online media circus. Either way, Maiden doesn't have a whole lot of direction commercially, other repeating the same formula over and over again. Branded beer has gone from being new and clever to being 'oh god not another one', and that phone game, which was a great idea, has been done to death and looks old when they could have launched other games. There was an entire captive audience during lockdown and Maiden's online presence is dismal. They might be big-money, but they're also not adventurous.

It's probably not in the interests of the band's image to have anything as naff as branded cereals (Trooperbix, anyone?) but they have so much more potential that would involve minimal or even no input from the band. Look at Adrian's web appearance a few months ago, so easy to do, a nice personal contribution that fans value.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I agree that they've probably determined the next album cycle will be the last and so they'll play the LotB dates more or less as originally planned and then come around for the album tour later. I'm sure they've seen the writing on the wall by now that they realistically can't do two more album tour cycles with Nicko being 70 next year and all.

That said, LotB is legit old enough to be a point of nostalgia in itself for some people by 2022. It wasn't meant to be like this but there's probably a huge market in people who want to see the show again after the whole corona thing is finally over and with how fondly they (probably) remember the 2018 show. Thanks to the two-year gap in touring, the band could very reasonably go out with the same exact setlist, even. I hope not, but I wouldn't expect major changes either.

Surely that is the most disappointing thing about the recent announcement. Is there any more information about this album other than the band was spotted in Paris?
More information/specific details: the album was recorded from (or, at least, they were in Paris from) March to May 2019. The studios are the same as Brave New World and The Book Of Souls: Guillaume Tell Studios.
Why is the Finnish flag pointed in a different direction than the others?
Cause it's the first date of the (supposed to be) 2022 tour??

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I agree that they've probably determined the next album cycle will be the last and so they'll play the LotB dates more or less as originally planned and then come around for the album tour later. I'm sure they've seen the writing on the wall by now that they realistically can't do two more album tour cycles with Nicko being 70 next year and all.

That said, LotB is legit old enough to be a point of nostalgia in itself for some people by 2022. It wasn't meant to be like this but there's probably a huge market in people who want to see the show again after the whole corona thing is finally over and with how fondly they (probably) remember the 2018 show. Thanks to the two-year gap in touring, the band could very reasonably go out with the same exact setlist, even. I hope not, but I wouldn't expect major changes either.
Because of the pandemic they might actually change things. Usually when they say "we're going to make this show very special", or something like that, they do the exact same thing.

Thanks for the information Fabio.
Oh, no problem. Also, I forgot to mention that Kevin Shirley will sit behind the mix again. So it's his 6th studio album as a producer for Iron Maiden. Shirley himself wrote a post, towards the second half of 2019 if I remember correctly, where he basically confirmed he had just finished "working very hard on an unnamed but not-very-secret project, finishing with a loud ringing in his ears" (these were his very words), and that at the right time Iron Maiden management would have given us all the info about it. The record is there, as we speak. It's got a title. an artwork, a tracklisting. It's completed. They probably already have all tour and new stage/new Eddie plans ready to go, too. Well, my friends, I can tell you this: the day they'll give us title + artwork + songs titles and credits of the opus n.17 will be a very, very special day. I can remember perfectly well, and treasure the days where they officially announced and presented the details of TFF and TBOS, on their site... My favourite moment about being a Maiden fan: the time of the discovery, the time when a new era gets revealed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back