Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they should do/what I would prefer them to do:

- April: cancel/postpone the tour to 2022
- June: Announce the new album
- Late september: release the album
- November: confirm the remaining dates (since they're doing Download I guess many other festivals will return like Graspop, Tons of Rock, Copenhell etc)

What I fear it will happen:

- May: They postpone the tour
- November: They confirm the festival dates
- May 2022: they announce the new album and the album tour (september - december)

I just hope that they would cancel all the postponed LOTB-dates, then at some point in the uncertain time in the future announce new album and new album tour then when it's safe to do concerts.

What they should do/what I would prefer them to do:

- April: cancel/postpone the tour to 2022
- June: Announce the new album
- Late september: release the album
- November: confirm the remaining dates (since they're doing Download I guess many other festivals will return like Graspop, Tons of Rock, Copenhell etc)

What I fear it will happen:

- May: They postpone the tour
- November: They confirm the festival dates
- May 2022: they announce the new album and the album tour (september - december)
I hope with 2 years potential of no touring they understand fans are clamoring for the new album and they go ahead and announce/release asap if this summer is scrapped. Maybe fall/winter can be salvaged.

I think that you misunderstand what fans want. The die hard fans definitely want a new album but we are way, way less than the casual fans who would very much prefer another Legacy leg. And on a very selfish note, today I had the first dose of the vaccine so I really wish they do not cancel the summer tour and I can see them again. I know it's wishful thinking, but whatever. Maiden and eclairs in Paris. A dream.

Sure they should and can do any shows, summer tours are fun but not sure when it's possible to do.
It's 100% secure to say that we won't see Maiden on stage this year, perhaps a better chance to do so in 2022 or 2023..

These days, the casual don't even probably even own any of the albums in physical formats, just listen from some paid service or perhaps free from youtube. I bet that when Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour went on, some casual that had gotten their tickets from their work etc for free came to see the show, but where loudly asking "Where's my favorite song The Trooper". I've seen casuals like that..

And suddenly they have A matter of Life and Death tour in their face playing the whole album … and hey! where's the Trooper and The Number of the beast? :lol:
Yep. I think it was great way to see the show and hear the new album fully live, some of the audience they just seemed so bored that they couldn't be bothered to be excited as usually they are. Once the encores started some of the woke up..

Casual fans don't know if it's a new album or Legacy, they just think "cool, Iron Maiden, lets go see them".
Indeed, stadium size bands, they don't even need to do any new material in order to get places packed full of fans and casuals.
And yes, casuals aren't even aware of more deeper stuff, deeper cuts on the albums but also they don't know more about the band like we do here.

They exist, but I can't relate to a "casual" Maiden fan. To me it's like saying I'm a casual fan of food and water. Or breathable air. Actually I'm not sure what I'm going on about. Just move along...

These days, the casual don't even probably even own any of the albums in physical formats, just listen from some paid service or perhaps free from youtube. I bet that when Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour went on, some casual that had gotten their tickets from their work etc for free came to see the show, but where loudly asking "Where's my favorite song The Trooper". I've seen casuals like that..

They must have attended the last leg of the tour in the UK because The Trooper was played most nights on the 1988 tour. ;)

I become a little sad when I mention Maiden and 99 percent of the response I hear is like "Fear of the Dark rocks amirite?!"

Fear of the dark is overplayed squeezed and burned IMO.
I know that the fans enjoying and singing it but the Maiden's catalogue is so large that they could forget the fans tastes and play whatever they want. Because the loyal fan will appreciate it too. If Fear of the Dark is a favorite of the whole band to play then play it. No problem.

I know that they have to include all these songs because the fans but I think they will be happier if they choose another songs to play. Look Adrian's happy face when he played Gangland and how he enjoyed playing it. I think they could try to choose more different songs or unplayed songs and let The Number of the Beast, The Trooper and Hallowed be thy name for the encores along with Run to the hills to finish the set list. Let Fear of the Dark rest for a tour

Last edited:
They must have attended the last leg of the tour in the UK because The Trooper was played most nights on the 1988 tour. ;)
Ah, yes. I forgot to check some shows and bootlegs I have from that tour.
I only remembered the last leg and reviews of the Maiden England-show in Metal Hammer, where it was noted how some tracks had been missing completely from the setlists.

Fear of the dark is overplayed squeezed and burned IMO.
I know that the fans enjoying and singing it but the Maiden's catalogue is so large that they could forget the fans tastes and play whatever they want. Because the loyal fan will appreciate it too. If Fear of the Dark is a favorite of the whole band to play then play it. No problem.

I know that they have to include all these songs because the fans but I think they will be happier if they choose another songs to play. Look Adrian's happy face when he played Gangland and how he enjoyed playing it. I think they could try to choose more different songs or unplayed songs and let The Number of the Beast, The Trooper and Hallowed be thy name for the encores along with Run to the hills to finish the set list. Let Fear of the Dark rest for a tour
I've been saying it for years that the moment they announced there would be a live album virtually for every tour (around the time of Death on the Road, I think), that was when they should have started to dig deep into their catalogue. Put a couple of must-haves in there, sure, but the rest should all be strong songs that might not be as well known and DEFINITELY has not appeared (or has appeared rarely) on previous live albums.

That would make every live album a must-buy for especially your hardcore following. Particularly with audio only releases like they've been doing on the last two, that pretty much leaves you buying it for whatever new songs are on there. Let's face it, 95% of Nights of the Dead is on previous live albums, and each song sounds better on every single one of those releases, because age and illness is a bitch (sorry, Bruce).

Unfortunately, it's too late in the day for this to turn around. Doubtful the band has too many tours left in them, and they don't really seem to care to mix up the setlist anyway.

Saddest part for me personally was, that ever since they announced the history tours and such.. I would have hoped they'd add Infinite Dreams (only to appear on Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour 1988) to the setlist. It would have been essential part of the setlist for SomeWhere Back In Time Tour 2008-2009 or Maiden England World Tour 2012-2014. They rehearsed it but still left it out for some reason which we will never know about for real.
Of course, along with Caught Somewhere In Time (as it was only played on Somewhere On Tour 1986-1987), even the 2008-2009 tour was named after this song and album but left it out. These 2 songs have been overlook for decades and also they could have added couple more rare songs aswell. But yep, ID would have been my ultimate dream song to witness live someday.
For not picking some certain songs that have been played in the past, I don't quite get it why they simply decided not to play these as they would have been something that fans would have wanted. Then again, maybe there are reasons that they think the songs wouldn't work particularly anymore when played live. Or they just want to the feature other songs on the setlists (SIT has been so downgraded, take that for example only 2 songs HCW and WY have been played live in the last 22 years, SIASL was only played handful of times in 1999. something like 5 times).

Waiting for news soon... (I hope) Can´t wait for the new album...

i hope september /october released and may 2022 start the tour again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back