Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing's for sure, the next year or so will be full of speculation and (over)analysis on these forums over just about everything Maiden-related.

I feel like that it's been going like that for too long now already anyways. People could spend their precious times and use of brains for the other activies and Maiden aswell. It's nice to analyse things you love and like but still..it's too early to say things as final as they're still going.
My bet is that no-one is going to be replaced in the lineup, this is the ultimate and final lineup of the band and shall go until the end (that's somewhere distant).

I remember being on Iron Maiden forums in the early 2000s (yeah I'm old) and people saying roughly the same thing. 15-20 years later they're still going strong!

Indeed, and I can also remember stuff like this being talked around. Im almost already tired to think how some just repeat how end is near and such..they're still strong and going.
Of course they are humans and age like the rest of us, but still. I'm willing to be that Iron Maiden will tour more than just few years, atleast 5 years or more.

I remember being on Iron Maiden forums in the early 2000s (yeah I'm old) and people saying roughly the same thing. 15-20 years later they're still going strong!

I believe that their talk after BNW tour and during DOD days about doing a bit lighter tours might've beefed up those speculations. :D I remember various interviews and other sources from those days mentioning how they'll start doing smaller tours and all, but suddenly, in 15 years, they ended up doing three tours with their own plane, some of them being among their most massive tours ever, both in terms of global coverage and production, haha.

Well in any case, it's no secret that things might take very sudden turns, especially with Nicko, but then again, they sure do acknowledge it themselves and given how, time after another during the past ten years alone, they've sort of exceeded expectations, I just can't help but smirk about being able to see them next year and hopefully, holding high hopes for it, at least once more too.

I see in your writings the same fear that would take the heart of me.

A day may come, when Nicko's right foot fails, when they forsake the arenas and Janick's guitar is in tune, but it is not this day.

An hour of sorrow and crying fans when Bruce's voice comes crashing down, but it is not this day.

Attachments

• 40nelb.jpg
    40nelb.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3
At this point I'm just happy that Maiden are still touring as much as they do and still on fire. I never thought I'd still be seeing this classics line up live in 2020. I'm also glad they are staying safe at the moment. But at the same time I'll have to selfishly admit I'll be really disappointed if there is no UK show in 2021. That will be 3 years in a row without a show in their home country.

I really dont think there will be any UK shows next year the announced shows will be it , whatever they had planned and booked for 2021 will then follow this mini tour, so I expect a full UK tour in 2022 as well as all the missed territories they were supposed to do this year

I have mixed feelings about this.

It's sad that this year is like it is. No discussion about that.

However, personally I think that they should move forward from LoTB. Reschedule whatever you can but if you have album - focus on this.

LoTB is great tour, one of the best if not the best, but I think that milking it to the point of 3rd leg rescheduled for another year will just depreciate this. With two legs they would have very strong starting point for any new ideas. But now it's becoming a little bit funny in a sad way.

Long story short - I never was a fan of 3rd leg idea, now I'm hating this idea even more.

Different band, but people said that in the late 70's many thought that The Rolling Stones were old men, "hasbeens" and some waited for the time when they would retire. I remember that some music magazines echoed the same opinions through the 80's and early 90's too. Little they did know or wouldn't have necessarily guessed that Stones are still active, doing gigs and albums in 2020. Keith and Charlie might not be in their best shape as players today, but Mick still sounds great.

Holding on to my Prague ticket. I would prefer the new album tour as well but if not, no hard feelings.

Thy will be done.

The lack of UK gigs and the proximity of Download to the start of the announced dates suggests to me that Download is a cert. Although it would be strange for the first gig of the tour to be as high profile as Download. Many rehearsals will be had. If they do Download, I reckon they will warm up with one of those pub gigs as The Nodding Donkeys or whatever. Now that would be a thing to see.

I reckon they will warm up with one of those pub gigs as The Nodding Donkeys or whatever. Now that would be a thing to see.

I'd love if they did something like that and I somehow managed to see it, however I think the internet has killed the chance of anything like this ever happening again, there's no way it would ever be able to be kept on the QT these days and the venue would be mobbed.

The lack of UK gigs and the proximity of Download to the start of the announced dates suggests to me that Download is a cert. Although it would be strange for the first gig of the tour to be as high profile as Download. Many rehearsals will be had. If they do Download, I reckon they will warm up with one of those pub gigs as The Nodding Donkeys or whatever. Now that would be a thing to see.
Or they're doing a UK run just after the rescheduled dates?

I'd love if they did something like that and I somehow managed to see it, however I think the internet has killed the chance of anything like this ever happening again, there's no way it would ever be able to be kept on the QT these days and the venue would be mobbed.
You may have a point there. They could do a raffle for tickets on here. I automatically win as I suggested it.

Or they're doing a UK run just after the rescheduled dates?
Could be but are Download appearances not usually the only UK gig of the year?
The next UK tour will be for the new album and I dont see that being 2021. The LOTB tour runs til mid July. I cant imagine them releasing an album and doing a UK arena tour at the back end of 2021.
Quite disappointed that we didnt get a rescheduled Irish date. I know they blew off all the festival dates but the festival date in Belfast wasnt a proper festival, really. Its a series of unrelated half day outdoor gigs. It would have been nice (for me) if they just switched to an arena in Belfast or Dublin.

I automatically win as I suggested it.
You win all these competitions anyway!

Several years ago they did a fanclub show at Brixton Academy to raise money for an MS charity Clive Burr was associated with, so there is some precedent for a smaller scale show for a select audience. I am absolutely not saying I think it will happen again though. I just want to make that crystal clear before the Fanfiction Brigade get carried away.

Could be but are Download appearances not usually the only UK gig of the year?
Generally, yes. However in 2013 they did an extra 2 shows at The O2 in August after doing Download in June, so there is also precedent for this. However, since there was a run of arena shows in 2018 for LOTB and an extensive UK (plus Dublin) arena tour in support of 'The Book of Souls' in 2017 I think it's highly unlikely that there would be any additional UK shows in 2021 as part of LOTB if they are indeed set to reappear on the Download line-up.

Generally, yes. However in 2013 they did an extra 2 shows at The O2 in August after doing Download in June, so there is also precedent for this. However, since there was a run of arena shows in 2018 for LOTB and an extensive UK (plus Dublin) arena tour in support of 'The Book of Souls' in 2017 I think it's highly unlikely that there would be any additional UK shows in 2021 as part of LOTB if they are indeed set to reappear on the Download line-up.
Aye, I see it the same, no UK gigs (outside of potential Download) til summer-ish 2022.
I see that front area standing tickets are still available for Ullevi...I may have to get one.

I'm certainly suspicious of Download 2021 as a potential date. I personally can't see there being any more UK gigs in the LOTB run, especially not if there's a new album set to land afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back