Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we already had an extremely busy year lined up for 2021 and, as I’m sure you can imagine, a great deal of forward planning has already gone on and there’s only so much we can do within the timeline and logistics already in place. "

I am willing to place a wager on there being a fall North American tour next year and it will be the start of new album dates obviously .

Hi there, I won't make it in 2021 so I'm selling two tickets for the Sinobo Stadium show in Prague, on June 15th (numbered grandstand, 119, row 5, seats 4 and 5). Please let me know (private message or replying to this post) if anyone is interested. They would remain unused, at home, so I really need to sell them.Thank you!

I think that some of you are quite frankly being babies about this with your hysterical reactions. If you don't want to see the Legacy of the Beast in 2021 then you don't have to go. Nobody is forcing you and this really begs the question as to why you bought tickets for the 2020 Legacy of the Beast shows. I get that it's frustrating to wait so long for new music - I'd prefer to hear about a new album too - but this is a very unique and unprecedented situation. There may be contractual reasons that we will never know about dictating the necessity for a 2021 Legacy of the Beast tour. Grow the fuck up and think about this logically.

Personally, I'm satisfied with this outcome. The Gothenburg and Barcelona shows are still on Saturdays which works far better for taking time off work (not that I know what my employment situation will be in summer 2021). Since my flights to/from Gothenburg were cancelled by British Airways I've been given a voucher code to rebook the flights up until April 2022, so this works fine, and I can book another hotel room with a cancellation policy if Maidenfans aren't in an AirBnB. I've rearranged my hotel in Barcelona for the appropriate dates next year and just need to have my flights rearranged. Vueling haven't been in touch about that yet as July is two months away and it might even be possible to visit by then, but hopefully they'll allow me to reschedule.

Regarding the supports, I'm very happy that Within Temptation are still at the Barcelona show. The last few weeks they've been streaming past concerts on Youtube which has made me quite excited about the prospect of seeing them again. (They also have a new song out today, which I have yet to listen to.) It looks as if Alter Bridge haven't been able to make the rescheduled 2021 dates, presumably as they already have plans in North America at the time. This is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing them (twice) playing before Iron Maiden, but it is what it is. I suspect they were already going to be in Europe for the festival season (e.g. Download) and were put on the Maiden tour to flesh out their schedule. Rod has said in the press release that they will seek to book "suitable acts of equivalent stature" which is an encouraging statement. In an ideal world they'll get Sabaton or Nightwish, but we'll probably end up with someone bland like Deftones or Shinedown. It's quite likely that The Raven Age will end up on some of these dates too.

Another thing I'd like to highlight is that Download Festival is one week earlier next year than it normally is and hasn't confirmed anything about the line-up yet. With Maiden not having a UK show confirmed for 2021 yet I wonder if they'll be rebooked for Download. If there isn't a UK show next year than I can live with it as we did get two quite impressive arena tours in 2017 and 2018. Perhaps they'll stick a night or two at The O2 in London on at the end again. Who knows.

Im planning on seeing Maiden live in concert in 2021. If everything goes as planned then I might be able to make it.
It's my usual yearly dose of Maiden that I just need, plans have gone to bad (for this year) but next year I hope I can see them.
So, carefully waiting and looking how things go around on this matter.

I think that some of you are quite frankly being babies about this with your hysterical reactions. If you don't want to see the Legacy of the Beast in 2021 then you don't have to go. Nobody is forcing you and this really begs the question as to why you bought tickets for the 2020 Legacy of the Beast shows. I get that it's frustrating to wait so long for new music - I'd prefer to hear about a new album too - but this is a very unique and unprecedented situation. There may be contractual reasons that we will never know about dictating the necessity for a 2021 Legacy of the Beast tour. Grow the fuck up and think about this logically.

Thank you.

I am happy to see LOTB next year but on the other hand I understand people who wants Maiden to release the new album asap and use the last years of their fabulous career the way they always did: always relevant, never boring and at the place where they belong, meaning at the top food chain. Knowing that there is somewhere out there unheard new music can be a bit frustrating. Personally I am happy to wait longer and let the hype grows for what can possibly the last album, it's a good preparation for a future life with no Maiden at all.
With so much time to release the album, it has to be well polished though.

A year later Nicko will be even older. I think the band is really considering various options. Here's the solution, Nicko can play second half of the show, or just the encore (years later). I would love to see him play, albeit for a few songs.
Or it may be that the topic of Nicko's age is too early to discuss overall.

At this point I'm just happy that Maiden are still touring as much as they do and still on fire. I never thought I'd still be seeing this classics line up live in 2020. I'm also glad they are staying safe at the moment. But at the same time I'll have to selfishly admit I'll be really disappointed if there is no UK show in 2021. That will be 3 years in a row without a show in their home country.

With so much time to release the album, it has to be well polished though.
:D
The problem is, most likely, we will get same old 'live recording thing' production type, which I'm not a fan of. Muddy and not polished at all. Say what you want, but Priest's 'Firepower' production is top notch, compared to 'Redeemer of Souls' and 'Angel of Retribution'.

2020 doesn't really count in this case. Be fair here.
I'm just stating a fact. It will have been 3 years regardless of the current situation. As I said, I'm just glad they are staying safe at the moment. There was obviously no way they could play this year.

I'm curious about them already having plans as far out as 2022, specifically because of Nicko. It's way too early to speculate on anything, but I definitely have a hard time seeing him play Maiden's sets very far out into the future, and definitely not beyond 2022. But then again I also really doubt that they'd replace him either. But then I also doubt that they'd end on a new album tour, which is how things would likely work out if they retired in 2022.

One thing's for sure, the next year or so will be full of speculation and (over)analysis on these forums over just about everything Maiden-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back