Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish Maiden would do less touring, as they originally outlined in 2002-2003. I like the idea of them putting more space between shows so that the band can sound their best at each show, including any live material they release.

I think it's more likely we will get a song from Senjutsu on LOTB 2022.

Remember, that was supposed to be done last year, but I suspect they are contractually required to provide the LOTB experience.

Remember, that was supposed to be done last year, but I suspect they are contractually required to provide the LOTB experience.
If the tour never went on sale it may have been different, but they have sold a shitload of tickets. It's a shame they are stuck with the LOTB tour. I wonder if that's what the band really want or if they want to move on.

I am really curious what this entails. is there anybody here who has worked on show promotion contracts that can provide insight?

I get the feeling that if Maiden went out with a Senjutsu stage theme and Setlist, but branded the shows as “Legacy of the Beast,” that would be sufficient. I am curious how that works though.

I am really curious what this entails. is there anybody here who has worked on show promotion contracts that can provide insight?

I get the feeling that if Maiden went out with a Senjutsu stage theme and Setlist, but branded the shows as “Legacy of the Beast,” that would be sufficient. I am curious how that works though.

49% Senjutsu Eddie, 51% LOTB. So the LOTB-"Baphomet" Eddie with a samurai armour or something.

Not me but some people I know did. The problem is they did things such as Deep Purple where 'theming' doesn't really have the weight it does with a Maiden show. Sometimes all it took was literally paying students to go around towns and paste corrections over old billboard ads, like if the date/venue got changed. Maiden is 3 magnitudes of logistical complexity above that.

I think the issue here is that tickets have already been sold, haven't they? At least some. And they're for LOTB.

Tickets may have been sold as legacy. But they are under no contract to what the set or show design must look like.

It's very possible they mix the set up adding in one or two new songs and even have an entire new stage set up. It would work how they did tff 1st leg. Then add in a whole lot more songs for the other legs

I don't see Maiden waiting until AFTER the LOTB summer 2022 shows to tour in support of the new album. There are still 5 1/2 months left in 2021. My guess is they start touring early spring and roll on through 2022 and into summer 2023 with 2 or 3 legs. The existing LOTB summer 2022 tour dates may get rebranded or be 50% LOTB and then incorporate new tour elements. Those shows the tix are on sale now. But Maiden has no obligation to play any certain set list or tracks, they could completely dump the LOTB show and make those dates part of the Senjutsu tour. My guess is their preference would be to do that, but as the tix sold to date have been for LOTB, for those shows they keep some of the LOTB elements, but other legs of the tour would be Senjutsu tour only. Obviously there are 3-4 songs from the LOTB setlist they play regularly regardless.

But they are under no contract to what the set or show design must look like.

In business you can break contracts if you're willing to pay the penalties. So that side for Maiden comes down to the money. What doesn't is the trust of people which bought LOTB for the sake of LOTB.

But if somebody buy a ticket for LOB tour where band play classics and the show is having half setlist of new stuff is just shitty move by band. I will be pissed of.

In business you can break contracts if you're willing to pay the penalties. So that side for Maiden comes down to the money. What doesn't is the trust of people which bought LOTB for the sake of LOTB.
They would have to offer a refund option for changing the entire tour name , but it's Maiden I cant see anyone selling there tickets and the shows would sell out regardless still, especially after so long off the road, worth the gamble.

But it still makes no sense for the band to push the Legacy shows into 2022 knowing they will drop an album this year , wouldnt you think they just would have cancelled the leg instead of a second delay? So it tells me they will see that part of the tour through

I guess they might swap some songs for Senjutsu ones. For example, Revelations for TWOTW on the religion section, Clansman for Senjutsu in the war section, Wicker Man for Stratego or Days Of Future Past and SOTC for any of Steve's epics. They would still play a lot of hits assuming that scenario.

Legacy and Senjutsu will be two separate tours most like. They might drop in TWOTW into the Legacy set for the rest of that tour, then start the actual Senjutsu tour. They'll want a whole new state set and build a setlist around the album, just as they do for every other album.

Legacy and Senjutsu will be two separate tours most like. They might drop in TWOTW into the Legacy set for the rest of that tour, then start the actual Senjutsu tour. They'll want a whole new state set and build a setlist around the album, just as they do for every other album.
Yeah, that's my guess as well, was just theorizing on the last post. I do think TWOTW will be on the setlist though, just like Wildest Dreams and El Dorado.

The European Legacy Leg isnt that long anyway they will do those as warm ups after a long lay off and get into the new album tour for the second half of 2022.

Considering the pandemic, the Senjutsu stage set/merch might take a little extra time to get ready too. Admittedly, I don't quite know the logistics of that, or if that process has already begun.

I'd imagine the band will play, at least, two Senjutsu tracks live on the LOTB tour since the album will already be out.

What is the point of this tour in 2022?
To film a concert for a video release from the tour (if it's not done already) - this is a must given the spectacular stage design and setlist. They have plenty of time before the start of the new album tour to release it. Let's hope so.

I don't see Maiden waiting until AFTER the LOTB summer 2022 shows to tour in support of the new album. There are still 5 1/2 months left in 2021. My guess is they start touring early spring and roll on through 2022 and into summer 2023 with 2 or 3 legs.
Um... There's the small issue of a global pandemic that would negate any possibility of major concerts happening in spring 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back