Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticket for belfast bought.

Forgot that they were on sale, and then it was panic stations as it took ticketmaster 15 mins before they'd accept my credit card. Which is bizarre how the mind works as I know there is no chance of this selling out today :lol:

Does anyone else think that WOTW stands for Winds of the Winter and Maiden and George RR Martin are just waiting for the other one to be done so they can release the album and book in tandem?

Does anyone else think that WOTW stands for Winds of the Winter and Maiden and George RR Martin are just waiting for the other one to be done so they can release the album and book in tandem?
Or maybe "George RR Martin" is just a Steve Harris pseudonym and the guy we've always believed to be Martin is just an actor. All bets are off.

How long ist this WOTW thing going to continue for?

Probably until there's a definitive answer to what it means and then maybe even not, e.g. for example I told a guy in another thread that it was on the poster from NOTD and he just flat out disbelieved me, even though it is on that poster.

Ticket for belfast bought.

Forgot that they were on sale, and then it was panic stations as it took ticketmaster 15 mins before they'd accept my credit card. Which is bizarre how the mind works as I know there is no chance of this selling out today :lol:
Likely wont sell out at all, unless people go mad because there have been no gigs for so long. Maiden has never sold out in Belfast (possibly Dublin, too) in my time of goin to see them, since 96.

Likely wont sell out at all, unless people go mad because there have been no gigs for so long. Maiden has never sold out in Belfast (possibly Dublin, too) in my time of goin to see them, since 96.
I dunno, after two years of fuck all of live music, I guess 2022 is the year where many music fans will go to every concert of remote interest to them within reasonable range if they can afford it.

Maiden has never sold out in Belfast (possibly Dublin, too) in my time of goin to see them, since 96.

I'm pretty sure all the ones in the Point since 2003 and the two times in the Odyssey were sold out or close to it, just that it was probably on the day or in the days leading up to it that it sold out, so getting a ticket should have been easy enough. 2005 in the RDS did great numbers, 24,000 I think but that's a good bit away from the capacity of the RDS (plus Manson on the bill was a big draw).

Not sure of the capacity of Belsonic but I presume it's at least as big as that RDS figure of 24,000 so would be a huge ask for Maiden to sell that out.

Probably until there's a definitive answer to what it means and then maybe even not, e.g. for example I told a guy in another thread that it was on the poster from NOTD and he just flat out disbelieved me, even though it is on that aposter.
I belive you,just i was watching the wrong picture

I've sort of given up hope on the new Bruce album, to be honest. This downtime would've been the perfect time to finish and release it, because, as with Tyranny, he likely would be of the opinion touring the album would be unnecessary. And yet, crickets out of the Dickinson/Z camp ever since he said he has six songs demo-ed. So, I'll be amazed if it ever gets released unless it's part of a future post-career Best Of album where we get the demos on a second disc like he did with CD2 of his first Best Of.

I’ve come to the conclusion that he probably does not have the intention to finish the solo album. He started working on it 8 years ago and, even though it would definitely sell well, it is not where the money is. A shame, really, because his solo career is filled with great songs.

He possibly makes a shitload of money giving the same motivational crap talk over and over again and his book shows are also a nice source of income with much less effort than singing your arse off in front of an audience.

I dunno, after two years of fuck all of live music, I guess 2022 is the year where many music fans will go to every concert of remote interest to them within reasonable range if they can afford it.
Well, aye, there is a distinct chance of that. I will most likely be one of those rabid ticket buyers.

I'm pretty sure all the ones in the Point since 2003 and the two times in the Odyssey were sold out or close to it, just that it was probably on the day or in the days leading up to it that it sold out, so getting a ticket should have been easy enough. 2005 in the RDS did great numbers, 24,000 I think but that's a good bit away from the capacity of the RDS (plus Manson on the bill was a big draw).

Not sure of the capacity of Belsonic but I presume it's at least as big as that RDS figure of 24,000 so would be a huge ask for Maiden to sell that out.
Aye, I've never seen a shoddy turn out (96 aside) but I have encouraged mates to get tickets last minute, Belfast 2010 and 2018 and they could get tickets on the day. Always close to sold out but never, to my knowledge, Belfast or Dublin, officially stamped 'Sold Out.'
Im not great with things like judgment or memory but Ive been at Belsonic and I was at the RDS is 2005 (only time there) and I judge Belsonic to be quite a bit smaller. A quick search tells me that Belsonic is both 25,000 and 15,000. I strongly believe the latter to be truer.
I saw Myles Kennedy and Slash at Belsonic a couple of years ago. On the day there was a mass text goin round sayin "free tickets, go to ticketmaster, price is £0.00." I met maybe 15 mates durin the gig, all of whom had availed of this service and none of whom gave a flyin fuck about the band. It was a great night out!

I saw Myles Kennedy and Slash at Belsonic a couple of years ago. On the day there was a mass text goin round sayin "free tickets, go to ticketmaster, price is £0.00." I met maybe 15 mates durin the gig, all of whom had availed of this service and none of whom gave a flyin fuck about the band. It was a great night out!

Ha ha, I saw Ted Nugent one time in Vicar St., a journo mate had got free tickets and gave me a shout, he had said the promoter had been handing out fistfuls of tickets to anyone who'd take them, and even so I reckon there was only maybe 100 people at the show.

And as I noticed there isn't the hype for announced/postponed shows at all. Just 100+ tix were sold for Gelredome in Arnhem since the tickets have been released two days ago (REALLY!). Probably in many places (Zurich, Frankfurt) it's going to be the same. Probably LOTB 3 wasn't a good idea at all. 2 years gap and people aren't into paying once again for almost so same tour.

For GNR many people are bying tix, really :) Exactly! Being honest - who knows what is going to happen next year? I think even postponed shows aren't so certain these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back