Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean once again it's all compressed into a 2 month window, which leaves open the possibility of running into a new album tour shortly after. But the prospect of another 12 months of total inactivity from the band in their final years is massively frustrating.

For fuck sake...

^ I don't know what to say...

Well, at least this 3rd leg of the tour will be 2 months (without the other still unconfirmed shows) - one of the shortest legs of a tour done by Maiden... because of the new album maybe? Album release in 2022 then, methinks.

I do agree that it's a frustrating prospect that between now and June 2022, which is over a year, there is no perspective for any further Maiden activity. In a different age, with a different band, we would have gotten a new album in this time. I don't like it, but I was prepared for this, because I don't confuse my wishful thinking for reality. That's why I can't be surprised.

They must release new album this year. That's the least they can do. Damage control, of some sort.

Last edited:
I mean once again it's all compressed into a 2 month window, which leaves open the possibility of running into a new album tour shortly after.
That's a possibility, yeah - album release in September, October or December 2022 and a tour for it 2023-2024 (like it was the scenario with TBOS album and tour).

I don't know how the tickets and promoters and the whole thing works, but I think they could feel forced to play on the schedule dates and they can't cancel ' The Legacy of the Beast' show and change it for the new album show…
I can see a chance that they could release the new album this year and start touring with the new album as soon they can and make an intermission in summer to play the legacy of the beast set in Europe and follow touring with the new album in the rest of the world to finish in Europe and UK again with indoors shows. I don't know…

Oh well, Legacy or not I am still keeping my tickets for Paris. Come to think about it, I wouldn't mind adding one more show to my itinerary. Combine it with a nice city break.

So Donnington is about Legacy of the Beast…
Apparently, yes. I thought otherwise (because the press release does not mention LOTB tour).
I guess they did not wanted to spoil today's news in advance.
but I think they could feel forced to play on the schedule dates and they can't cancel ' The Legacy of the Beast' show and change it for the new album show…
This is also possible.

Anyway. I would liked to see someone for the band or Rod himself talking about the postponed dates in a video with a mobile phone or whatever.

I do agree that it's a frustrating prospect that between now and June 2022, which is over a year, there is no perspective for any further Maiden activity. In a different age, with a different band, we would have gotten a new album in this time. I don't like it, but I was prepared for this, because I don't confuse my wishful thinking for reality. That's why I can't be surprised.
No activity til June 2022 is still an ultra dumb, disappointing and time wasting reality, even if not surprising.
:nuts2::puke:

Thanks, masterplanning management. You sign time wasting contracts. Bloody fools.

Sorry for my language. And the criticism.
Of course I will probaly see them this tour, assuming it is the minimal thing to do in this void of Maiden nothingness.

Last edited:
It differs. There's never say anything bad people and others who say stuff like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back