Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then they release it towards the end of summer touring season 2021, ready to hit the road in 2022. :)

Except that hardly anyone would buy it. Most people will stream it on Spotify or iTunes or whatever, and the band is making no money off that. The portion of fans who would actually buy the physical product is probably just enough to cover the production and distribution cost.
And would that change if they released it once the pandemic situation is over/under control?
Would the streams decrease and the physical purchases increase? I can't see the difference. If you need to learn the songs because the album tour is on the way, you don't need to buy the record, cause it's online for free (like you said), in any case. I think that the ones who buy Maiden studio albums would buy them anytime. Not only because there's a tour to look forward to...

And would that change if they released it once the pandemic situation is over/under control?
Would the streams decrease and the physical purchases increase? I can't see the difference. If you need to learn the songs because the album tour is on the way, you don't need to buy the record, cause it's online for free (like you said), in any case. I think that the ones who buy Maiden studio albums would buy them anytime. Not only because there's a tour to look forward to...

What would change is that Maiden had a tour to promote, as Mosh said.

What would change is that Maiden had a tour to promote, as Mosh said.
Yeah, but don't think that album release + tour tickets in 2 months' time would certainly mean more income and more profit. That was my point. You can release the album, focus the attention on that (without releasing an improvised and not-planned-yet bootleg quality live album, hopefully...) and then sell the tickets for the tour 1, 2 or 3 years later. People would just be so hungry for live Maiden events that the tickets would sell out anyway, and probably faster than ever. Even more if you consider that it would probably be their final/second last tour or something like that, at that point. That's my take on it. "Splitting" the two things over time (album sales and then tickets sales) could be more clever than we think, under a profit point of view, as I explained.
I know pretty damn well how they think about it all. They don't risk anything, these days. I accept that, I respect that, and I don't even think or expect that a forum user's opinion would have to change their modus operandi. I just personally think they're doing it wrong. This, though, only IF the album really exists, and IF the album is really ready to go, as we speak. If that's not the scenario, then they're doing things right (or certainly not so wrong) and my post wouldn't have reason to exist.

Last edited:
Except that hardly anyone would buy it. Most people will stream it on Spotify or iTunes or whatever, and the band is making no money off that. The portion of fans who would actually buy the physical product is probably just enough to cover the production and distribution cost.

Yeah, what I was going at too. This is Maiden not someone from "a lot of other bands". Profit wise they don't need to do anything as the machine can idle on IP licensing, however they do have a road crew they like to keep busy, employed and paid.

So regardless of the situation and the digital possibilities today, I don't think Maiden is going to change their album/tour routine cause they never did in 45 years.

Multiple times was stated that band doesnt make money out of the album. Album is just the teaser for tour. They make much more money from tickets and merchandise, so from business side theres no point in releasing album during pandemic.

They can SELL IT, in the meantime.
If you can't sell a tour, a new studio album is the second most logical and easiest thing to sell. Maiden has millions of fans around the globe, it will/would be another success, on selling terms. We all know that. And Maiden should know that, as well...
Best to release it close proximity to a tour. This way the buzz around a new album translates into the big seller -> ticket sales. Which, in turn, translates into another big seller -> merch sales.

Speculation mode: ON.

Since Rock in Rio announcement didn't mention LOTB, let's say they plan something new. Maybe an small album tour before album release (something like summer TFF tour in 2010).

Would that mean they planned do that same thing this year (2020) if European summer dates went through? If so, does that mean they're sitting on a new album, waiting to fulfill their contractual obligations before releasing it?

My impression of the Covid situation in Brazil is that the chances of population-wide vaccination by September 2021 are minimal. The European tour is plausible, but I doubt Rock in Rio.

My impression of the Covid situation in Brazil is that the chances of population-wide vaccination by September 2021 are minimal. The European tour is plausible, but I doubt Rock in Rio.

European tour in 2021? I would say that is highly unlikely to go ahead.

As much as I would like to remain optimistic, my wife - who is usually the voice of reason at home - said a couple of days ago: "We would probably never see Maiden live again".

I hope she is wrong though.

Just better not to buy any tickets, the 2021 European shows will not go as planned. Hate to think and mention it this way but I can't be too optimistic
I've been all this time certainly hopeful but thinking of the bigger picture and the number of cases around I will say this again:

With the current numbers of cases of Covid still around, I would say it's pretty safe to bet that there won't be any tours or shows next year by anybody.

I will wait and hopefully see Iron Maiden live someday, better just curb your enthusiasm (great tv-show by the way) and not buy tickets and book hotels for the summer 2021. I don't see how some people there on the official FC-forums are booking and arranging things but they do not even yet think that most likely the shows aren't actually happening. Everyone better stay safe and take good care of families and loved ones.

Yep, I know that vaccine is now being given and such, but that wouldn't still necessarily allow concerts and outdoors happenings being organized guite yet.
It will take some time really to get everyone injected with the vaccine but what if someone still won't be taking it, that should be mean that those people couldn't enter the concerts etc. I think we just better wait and hope how it will go on, the number of cases is still so high anyways.

I'm pretty sure 2021 dates will be postponed once again. Since RiR is already planned as an album date (not that the show will happen, but at least the original plan was to leave LOTB behind in 2021) I also think they will convert most of the actual dates (maybe with the exception of Bologna, which is a festival) in the album tour.

Rock in Rio is planned as an "album date?" What does that mean and where is the source on that?

Rio will be part of the new album tour. You can connect the dots from the various press releases from the band.

The rescheduled LOTB dates have all been crammed into just over a month, when they announced the new dates they said:

"we already had an extremely busy year lined up for 2021 and, as I’m sure you can imagine, a great deal of forward planning has already gone on and there’s only so much we can do within the timeline and logistics already in place. "

So 2021 was originally planned to be an album tour (new album was recorded in spring 2019 at Guillame Tell studios, well documented on the forum)

When announcing the RIR show they indicated that it won't be a repeat of the LOTB show which they've already brought to Rio in 2019:

"Last year’s Legacy tour was so much fun, you’ll just have to wait and see what we have planned for next time"

I'm just going to gently place this link here:

https://restart19.de/en/

For those who don't want to click - RESTART19 is a German study which simulated different (possible) scenarios of events in the near future. So far, experiments from August and October '20 have shown that if:

hygiene concepts are adhered to, additional impacts on the pandemic as a whole are low to very low.

This study is not much, I agree, but it's nice to see that something is being done in that field.

Rock in Rio is planned as an "album date?" What does that mean and where is the source on that?
Apart from Bruce's words, if you check the 2021 tour page the RiR show is listed with a different graphic, meaning it won't be LOTB (which is confirmed by the band statements about the end of LOTB tour with the Paris date)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back