Legacy Dvd: Unofficial But Includes Some Intresting Trivia

gor

Ancient Mariner
I have to say, this unofficial biographical DVD was good to watch. It contains extensive interviews with Di’Anno and Stratton and smaller snippets of Murray, Dickinson and Harris. Also contains extensive interviews from guys like Garry Bushel, Tony Platt, magazine editors, early fans with interesting things to say and some other people. No Maiden music or video footage included though

The whole documentary lasts 70 something minutes. Almost 1/3 of its duration is dedicated to the period of 1976-1981, and its certainly the most interesting part, because some unknown trivia pops up. Also features a 15 question quiz and a pretty detailed discography sections.

-Paul Di’Anno is repeatedly being referred to as Paul Taylor by a schoolmate turned Maiden fan interviewed for this DVD. This clashes with the Di’Anno FC guy's report that his real name is Paul Andrews (according to his passport).

-Rod first used to call Eddie "Fred".

-Di’Anno and Murray got "married" in a hotel in Yorkshire (Murray sported the bride outfit and all) while drunk ::

-According to Stratton there was an audition with another drummer before Clive, a friend of his called Johnny Richardson, who didn't get the gig because he had a health issue with his ears and couldn't stand the volume...

-According to Tony Platt, the producer for Women In Uniform, it was evident during the recording of that song that Maiden had started thinking unspoken thoughts of changing the singer, because the song required a different key than the rest of the Maiden songs and Paul couldn't quite pull it off. Also, Tony Platt, strangely enough, states that they recorded 3 songs during those sessions: Women In Uniform, Invasion and Phantom. Has he got his facts wrong or something? I haven't heard of phantom being recorded during those sessions ever before.

-"Remember Tomorrow" was a saying the Di'Anno's grandfather used to say, that's where the title comes from.

I am amazed that you saw the whole thing. I admire you for your patience! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

After seeing this DVD for the first (and last) time, I have to admit that I dislike it very much. After 20 minutes watching I already had to turn it off. The whole thing is so amateuristic. Stories like "I was a friend of a friend of this and this member". Also some of the "experts" were like 25 years old.

I could have made the same DVD, using crap music in the background (for the record: there was no permission to use Maiden music) and inviting friends of friends. Who would be interested in that?

I hope my comments are not too harsh, but I really regret that I bought it.

Just my 2 cents.: A sh*t DVD!

[!--quoteo(post=134546:date=Apr 11 2006, 04:49 PM:name=Forostar)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Forostar @ Apr 11 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]134546[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]

Just my 2 cents.: A sh*t DVD!
[/quote]

Unoffical Dvds/cds normally are.

Back