Least favourites on Senjutsu

What are your least favorite songs off of Senjutsu?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Whooten

Ancient Mariner
The complementary poll to your favorites off Senjutsu.

Again, first impressions only and this poll closes in a month. I have limited it to just two choices on account of 1) this is MaidenFANS and 2) have you heard this album?

What are your least favorite songs off of Senjutsu?

Death of the Celts is probably my least favorite but I certainly wouldn't call it a clunker. I'd argue there aren't any clunkers on Senjutsu.

Seems like Lost in a Lost World is one of lower ranked songs on this album but I really love it. Same with The Time Machine.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out to change the thread's title.
i-have-the-power-power.gif

What should it say?

I think I'm finally familiar enough to start sharing.
There are no clunkers. But the two I am most likely to skip are Darkest Hour and Senjutsu.

"Darkest Hour" is my least favorite, and I think "Senjutsu" and "Lost in a Lost World" follow right after.

“Lost In A Lost World” is the only weak track on the album, I think. The chorus is lame and poorly performed, and the boring noodling that rips off “Afraid To Shoot Strangers” is exactly the kind of thing I disliked about 90s Maiden. Also, the music under the chorus is a retread of “The Wicker Man”. The rest of the song is pretty good, though.

It's Death of the Celts for me. I really tried getting into it, but repeated listens don't make it better. It's the only song that I feel like skipping and I think the album as a whole would be better without it. That said, I don't think it's a terrible song. It's just boring and doesn't get anywhere. I like the intro melody and that folk-ish part around 5:13, but other than that, the song is a massive drag. Perhaps I'm annoyed more than warranted by the track itself, but that's because without it the album would be 100% engaging from start to finish.

“Lost In A Lost World” is the only weak track on the album, I think. The chorus is lame and poorly performed, and the boring noodling that rips off “Afraid To Shoot Strangers” is exactly the kind of thing I disliked about 90s Maiden. Also, the music under the chorus is a retread of “The Wicker Man”. The rest of the song is pretty good, though.
Upon relistening, the heavy verse is also pretty lame. Though I must say that mentally chanting “your time will come” over the “Wicker Man” parts makes the song much better…

I voted for LIALW and TTM. I don't dislike either of them, but I find they both lack an identity on the album and their most interesting parts were done better by other Maiden songs.

DOTC is also a strange one that I enjoy but I still don't really know what's going on.

Hard to say. I like all songs at the moment - even the ones that I don't like have strong moments which I like. So I choose Days of Future Past because of reasons.

Lost in a Lost World and Days of Future Past if I have to pick two. DOFP is really just a harmless filler track, and Lost in a Lost World has a brilliant intro and outro but gets a bit lost in the middle.

There are none, but if I have to choose, it will be The Writing On The Wall (it was The Time Machine until last week).

Back