Krokus

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I do not find a thread for Krokus, so I decided to make one ! One of the best classic bands - I love them.... their best albums are those from the 80's. Classic pure hard rock :edmetal:

So many good songs that the band have, but it seems that they are kind of forgotten or underrated. Marc Storace is one hell of a singer for me. Headhunter '83 is amazing album and the song Screaming In The Night is one of the best songs that I ever heard ! They are on par with AC/DC, for sure !!!

What you think about them guys, favorite albums, songs...

Now here is a bit of trivia you might not know. Bruce Dickinson did record backing vocals for the Krokus album "One Vice at a Time" (released in 1982). It was mentioned by Krokus back in 2007:

http://krokusonline.seven49.net/en/f...tters/2007.htm

Krokus took the pressure in stride and delivered the best album of their careers to that point. The band recorded the album at the famous Battery Studios in London with veteran producer Tony Platt manning the controls. Storace fondly recalls working at the legendary studio. "This was the second album we recorded in London, England. The other album we recorded there was "Hardware", which we had recorded in the Roundhouse in Camden Town. It was particularly great for me to be recording on home ground again. I drove up from South London every day and joined in the flow of things. LD, or "Little Dave" Glover, our US tour manager and our manager Butch Stone`s right hand man, flew in and stayed with the band during the whole recording period. As usual, we started the recordings by laying down the rhythm section foundations to all the songs. When the rhythm guitars were done we started with my lead vocals, even before any guitar solos were finished. Tony Platt, our producer, engaged Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) to do some backing vocals to add color, and in order to cover up the heavy Swiss accent from the Swiss/German boys, which at that early stage was slightly too overpowering. Mutt Lange also happened to be mixing AC/DC`s "For Those About to Rock" in Battery Studios at that time and often popped in for a listening break with his old assistant Tony while I was singing."

Storace recounts his time with Dickinson in the studio. "Bruce was cool. Unfortunately, we only got to chat for a while. He was stressed to leave right after the session but we met some time later on a flight to New York. Surprisingly, Bruce boarded the plane dressed in a Sherlock Holmes outfit and came and sat next to me for the whole flight - strange but true. Later on, Iron Maiden and Krokus met up on the road and we even played some big venues together."

This was subsequently confirmed when Rock Candy reissued the album.

Attachments

• Krokus_reissue.jpg
    Krokus_reissue.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 6
Fixed it for you! :D

No, AC/DC do not have a song like Screaming in the Night, for sure - and some of the Krokus songs from their latter albums have songs that are in heavy metal style, while AC/DC are only pure hard rock. I even will say that for me Krokus are better than AC/DC. :yes:

Now here is a bit of trivia you might not know. Bruce Dickinson did record backing vocals for the Krokus album "One Vice at a Time" (released in 1982). It was mentioned by Krokus back in 2007:

Yes, I know that - for the song I'm On The Run. :)

Rob Halford also did a backing vocals for the song Ready To Burn from the Headhunter album.

Last edited:
I wonder if it actually was a Sherlock Holmes outfit or Bruce's normal clothes!

I wonder if it actually was a Sherlock Holmes outfit or Bruce's normal clothes!

9936567d30713c6a5d4d9e5898d8b5bb.jpg

Is there a story behind that?

Bruce has a full country gentleman outfit on, Nicko looks well wrapped up, and H has a scarf on, but Dave and Steve are in short sleeves, what sort of twilight zone climate are they in.

Bruce's eccentricity is probably the explanation. :lol: It might be the outfit he was wearing on the Concorde story he refers too in What Does this Button Do?

I'll have to check that out later

If I remember correctly, the band were so keen to come back home from the USA for a Christmas break in 1984 that they bought Concorde tickets. They did party heavily - Bruce wearing the Sherlock Holmes beating things with the stick - and by the time Bruce boarded Concorde, he was so tired he slept through the whole flight, something that he still regrets.

I do not know if it was because of the Priest long time producer Tom Allom who has produced the album, but the title track from the Headhunter album is pure speed metal song.

Interesting fact:

Chris von Rohr (the bassist of Krokus) about One Vice At A Time '82 album: ''this is the album that AC/DC never made''.

Back