KK Downing retires from Judas Priest!

:blink:

This reminds me immidiately of the topic NightProwler opened.
Reality is as follows (for me):

A. I understand that Priest still does the tour. (I don't care about who who plays instead KK, the band wants to continue and finish this)

B. It's sad that KK will not be part of this.

This is really like Dave not doing the farewell tour for Maiden (or even Steve because KK was co-founder with Ian Hill, and Dave wasn't).

FUCK! FUCK! WHY THE FUCK THIS ALWAYS HAS TO FUCKING HAPPEN WHEN BANDS ANNOUNCE CONCERTS IN MY COUNTRY?! FUCK, FIRST BARLOW LEAVES BEFORE THE CONCERT, THEN KK! FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!

Today is a black day in the history of metal because it marks the end of one of the most renowned twin-guitar combinations of the genre.

:(

Come to think of it, make that:

Forostar said:
Today is a black day in the history of metal because it marks the end of one of the most renowned twin-guitar combinations of the genre.

Man, this sucks so bad :(

I never got to seem him live :( At least I still get to see the rest of the band.

NightProwler666 said:
FUCK! FUCK! WHY THE FUCK THIS ALWAYS HAS TO FUCKING HAPPEN WHEN BANDS ANNOUNCE CONCERTS IN MY COUNTRY?! FUCK, FIRST BARLOW LEAVES BEFORE THE CONCERT, THEN KK! FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK!!!!!

This!  <_<

What the frying fuck?

Suddenly I'm not sure if I'm gonna see Priest or not. I really hope he doesn't have a medical condition...

Forostar said:

Dave Murray and Adrian Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>KK Downing and Glenn Tipton

Either way, this really sucks! :(

Forostar said:

way to make it even more sad. :(

And the twin guitar lead by K.K. and Glen is much more renowned than H and Dave. Not meaning they are better, it's just a fact.
Also if you haven't read the press release, these are some things of interest:
  • Richie Faulkner will be the replacement(Lauren Harris)
  • They will be playing a song from every album and even some songs that have never been performed live.

Also, given the fact that they obviously knew about this for a while, it makes me wonder if KK's decision was the reason for their retirement.

Yeah, but if he managed to stay with them over 40 years, I'm still surprised why he dropped out during their last tour.

I don't know how I feel about this.

KK is such an important part of the band's legacy.

I'd rather someone from the same era as the rest of the band draughted in as a replacement if they feel the need to carry on, but maybe it'd be better if the pulled up stumps...

Ian Sane said:
I don't know how I feel about this.

KK is such an important part of the band's legacy.

I'd rather someone from the same era as the rest of the band draughted in as a replacement if they feel the need to carry on, but maybe it'd be better if the pulled up stumps...
I would much much much much much rather have Roy Z than Faulkner. After all, he's in the HALFORD band and produced Angel of Retribution.

Back