KITT

Wästed The Great

Minister Of Chicks, Metal&Beer; Cool & Froody Dude
Staff member
Last night marked the series start of NBC's new series, Knight Rider.  Its a re-vamp of the awesome 80's show featuring the groovy star, David Hasselhof.  Anyway, the new show features a Ford Mustang GT500, which has the ability to change its body into an 'attack' mode and even completely change into a truck.  A good suspension of belief is required, tho the car's voice is given by Val Kilmer.

I only watched parts of it, but the car looked cool, the plot weak, and the girls not too bad.

Anyone else catch it?  Anyone care?

I didn't catch it but I kind of care. I'm too conservative though.... Michael Knight not played by David Hasselhoff? KITT not a Firebird? Bumlebee not a classic Beatle? It's just not right..........

These are all changes that are difficult to take.

I like the fact that in Transformers, the Autobots are GM products, and the Decpticon cars are Fords; whereas, in Knight Rider, the 'good guy' car is a Ford this time.

It is all madness!

Knight Rider was never as good as the A Team. :D

They really should make an A Team movie.

You know, I love it when a plan comes together!

I love that Mr T commercial, where he has a, what, Night Elf Mowhawk... something like that. I think its for World of Warcraft.

Mr T is advertising chocolate bars in the UK.

But Knight Rider was good - in it's day - but I could never get my head round the way the car would drive into the back of the truck. I mean the car is doing, what 40mph, the truck would be doing just under that. But as soon as the back wheels hit the ramp of the truck, the car should shoot right through to the cabin in a blink of an eye. I know there possibly some rule of physics in play here, something to do with the speed relative to the ground or something along those lines, but it still baffled the hell out of me.

I think Mythbusters did a thing on that on the Discovery Channel and proved that it could actually work. Anybody up for trying it for real?  :lol:

I like the car in the new series, but that's it. Didn't the make a new movie too? To get people's attention for the new show? At any rate I loved the old classic, but don't care for the new series. In fact I rarely watch tv anymore... It's all crap.

Its mostly crap.  I like Burn Notice, on USA.

And, yeah, they had a TV movie last fall (I think) to get people all fired up.  But this new Mike Knight won't be on Baywatch.

Albie said:
But Knight Rider was good - in it's day - but I could never get my head round the way the car would drive into the back of the truck. I mean the car is doing, what 40mph, the truck would be doing just under that. But as soon as the back wheels hit the ramp of the truck, the car should shoot right through to the cabin in a blink of an eye. I know there possibly some rule of physics in play here, something to do with the speed relative to the ground or something along those lines, but it still baffled the hell out of me.

I think it depends on the timing of pressing down the pedal on the left (sorry, I actually have no idea what that's called in English, but it's the one that you use when changing gears).  I think theoretically as soon as the rear wheels touch the ramp, you push down the pedal and no force is exerted on the wheels.  The velocity remains the same since it's now riding on the truck, but it's not using the acceleration of the wheels any more.

Probably I'm talking bullshit here and I'm definitely no physicist, but that's what I'd imagine.

Thanks. :)  There just is some vocabulary that you don't learn without using that vocabulary in action, and car vocabulary isn't my strong point even in Finnish.

I guess I shouldn't try to start explaining something when I don't actually know anything about it and I don't even have the words for it. :D

I dig it.  And I see what you mean, taking the pressure off the drive wheels... tho it will still have its velocity going up the ramp... I am sure there are ways to make it work.

Wasted155 said:
Or maybe he could be in it!

Myley Cyrus could be his co-star!

Wait, what? ME in baywatch with Myley Cyrus and Hannah Montana?! I'd have to say................ Maybe.

And yeah not all TV is crap, Nova is good and the Hitler Channel when they aren't showing WWII or UFO crap.

Invader said:
I think it depends on the timing of pressing down the pedal on the left (sorry, I actually have no idea what that's called in English, but it's the one that you use when changing gears).  I think theoretically as soon as the rear wheels touch the ramp, you push down the pedal and no force is exerted on the wheels.  The velocity remains the same since it's now riding on the truck, but it's not using the acceleration of the wheels any more.
Possibly, but the car will still have a certain amount of forward momentum - but then again, what if the car does not have a clutch (which is possibly what KITT was - an automatic)?

As for words lost in translation, the French - apparently - do not have a word for wagging, as in a dog wagging its tail. So the song "How much is that doggie in the window" in  French says the words "The one with the tail that is agitated".

Apparently. :D

if it is similar to Spanish they probably mean "agitated" to mean "shaking" as in "moving" rather than agitated as in "annoyed." There I spoiled your silly moment :p

Back