Kiss Symphony

Shaman

Ancient Mariner
One of the world's greatest bands Kiss today announced one of the most
spectacular concert events Australia will ever see, Kiss Symphony.

At a press conference in Melbourne, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley and
Peter Criss announced details of a one-off concert with the 60 piece
Melbourne Symphony to be held at Telstra Dome on February 28, 2003.

The event, which has been months in planning, will celebrate the
band's 30th anniversary, and will be filmed and recorded, and
broadcast via pay per view around the world.

\"When the Melbourne Symphony teams up with Kiss, I promise the result
will be no less than a symphonic sonic boom\", Paul Stanley said today.
\"Beethoven and Mozart will rise up dancing with fists raised as we
unleash a spectacle that will be both classic and classical. This time
it's black tie AND black leather.\"

The idea for the event came from the office of promoter Andrew
McManus, who toured the band in Australia 18 months ago.

\"Once the idea came to us and we presented it to the band, they were
in all guns blazing from day one. This will be undoubtedly one of the
most incredible concerts Australia has ever seen and will reach fans
all over the world,\" McManus said. \"On their last tour we sold more
Kiss tickets in Melbourne than in any other city, and that combined
with the facilities at the Telstra Dome led to the decision to hold
the concert in Melbourne.\"

The marriage of Kiss music and the Melbourne Symphony which we will
hear on February 28 will be the result of months of work by
conductors, arrangers and musicians, which begins shortly.

At today's press conference, 14 members of the Melbourne Symphony
performed two songs \"I Was Made For Loving You\" and \"I Wanna
Rock'n'Roll All Night\". Adorned with full Kiss makeup whilst they
played, it was a spectacular moment and an appetising teaser of what
is to come!

Trevor Green, Managing Director Melbourne Symphony, said \"Kiss
Symphony is a fantastic opportunity for the Melbourne Symphony to
demonstrate its versatility, broaden its appeal and reach a different
audience. This is an exciting collaboration that will produce lots of
energy and a big sound. We are thrilled to be involved with this
international event. \"

The Melbourne Symphony has performed with Elton John, John Farnham,
Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra and the Three Tenors and is acclaimed
internationally.

The legendary Kiss army fans from around the world are already making
plans to travel to Melbourne for Kiss Symphony.

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1
TICKETMASTER7 136 100 and [a href=\'http://www.ticketmaster7.com\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ticketmaster7.com[/a]

Kiss Symphony Internet Tix Presale!

Internet Ticket Presale - October 28th

**Tickets on sale over the phone and counter at 9am, Friday, November
1.**

Prices:
Diamond - $405
Platinum - $240
Gold - $146
Silver - $97

One of the world's greatest bands Kiss, will perform in one of the
most spectacular concert events Australia will ever see, Kiss Symphony
- a one-off concert with the 60 piece Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

The event will celebrate the band's 30th anniversary, and will be
filmed and recorded, and broadcast via pay per view around the world.

'When the Melbourne Symphony teams up with Kiss, I promise the result
will be no less than a symphonic sonic boom', Paul Stanley explains.
'Beethoven and Mozart will rise up dancing with fists raised as we
unleash a spectacle that will be both classic and classical. This time
it's black tie AND black leather'.

The Melbourne Symphony has performed with Elton John, John Farnham,
Ray Charles, Frank Sinatra and the Three Tenors and is acclaimed
internationally.

The legendary Kiss Army fans from around the world are already making
plans to travel to Melbourne for Kiss Symphony.

GET THE DETAILS! -
[a href=\'http://www.ticketmaster7.com/eventprofiles/profiles.asp?profileID=297\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ticketmaster7.com/eventprofiles...p?profileID=297[/a]

KISS is not that bad, but they're not the right band to do a symphony!! [!--emo&:wacko:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wacko.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wacko.gif\' /][!--endemo--] It didn't fit Metallica either.
Thinking of symphonic versions of such songs as Unholy, Hide Your Heart and Rock And Roll All Night just makes me laugh! [!--emo&:rolllol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolllol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolllol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Eddie's Lil Helper+Oct 25 2002, 10:27 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eddie's Lil Helper @ Oct 25 2002, 10:27 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]kiss sux , except detroit(spell) rock city[/quote]
Come on... KISS RULES!!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Eddie's Lil Helper+Oct 25 2002, 11:04 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Eddie's Lil Helper @ Oct 25 2002, 11:04 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I prefer more heavier stuff than that off kiss [!--emo&<_<--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/dry.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'dry.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
same here [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

So do I but I have a weird taste in music. I can literally go from listening to Cannibal Corpse to listening to the Pokémon theme. [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like more heavier stuff too, but also Kiss. Well, Hard rock, Death, Melodic, thrash, rock, heavy, punk.... I LIKE ALL!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I actually listen to music from Sailor Moon! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

If you don't believe me, ask KRS! I forced him to listen to it yesterday! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Shaman+Oct 26 2002, 01:05 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Shaman @ Oct 26 2002, 01:05 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I like more heavier stuff too, but also Kiss. Well, Hard rock, Death, Melodic, thrash, rock, heavy, punk.... I LIKE ALL!!! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--][/quote]
Me too.I like everything from Deep Purple to Slayer(allmost) [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Some good KISS songs:Detroit Rock City(of course),I Stole Your Love,Shout It Out Loud,Psycho Circus,Makin Love and many others.The studio albums of KISS are not that heavy.But the live concerts Alive 1 & 2 are almost heavy.

Destroyer rules! [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

NP: Luca Turilli - Prophet Of The Last Eclipse

Detroyer's maybe the most famous KISS album with his hits like:Detroit Rock City,Beth,Shouted It Out Loud etc.But i think the songs sound better live and are Hevier.

Yep, but the Kiss Unplugged album is also very very good and not heavier at all [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm very open minded too. I like classical music, jazz, Brazilian Music, new age, reggae, etc. Yet I'm a metalhead, Metal and Rock are my fav ones. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

heh, I do reggae too [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back