KISS -- new album

Genghis Khan

Ancient Mariner
http://www.bravewords.com/news/119869

For us KISS fans...  The new album souds like it should be a good sound.  A lit bit of classics mixed with the heavier stuff from the 80s.  None of the 'Psycho Circus' silliness which is their worst album after that disco one 'Unmasked'.

Genghis Khan said:
For us KISS fans...  The new album souds like it should be a good sound.  A lit bit of classics mixed with the heavier stuff from the 80s.  None of the 'Psycho Circus' silliness which is their worst album after that disco one 'Unmasked'.
SinisterMinisterX said:
Damn right!
I fixed it for you too, SMX!  :innocent:

:)

Two other bands I like are releasing albums in the next couple of months: Megadeth and Alice in Chains.  I did not care too much for the Megadeth song 'Head Crusher', but I really liked the AIC one.

Kiss : last tour, last album, last gig... and now... a new album lol.

Rotam said:
Kiss : last tour, last album, last gig... and now... a new album lol.

I know.  We all knew though that it couldn't last.  Especially since they released an album that was not taken favourably by the fans.  Besides, other artists have come out of retirement.  Ozzy Osbourne was supposed to end his career with the 'No More Tours' tour after the album came out in '91.  Ozzy should have retired his band after Ozzmosis and the 'Retirement Sucks' tour though.

Genghis Khan said:
I know.  We all knew though that it couldn't last.  Especially since they released an album that was not taken favourably by the fans.  Besides, other artists have come out of retirement.  Ozzy Osbourne was supposed to end his career with the 'No More Tours' tour after the album came out in '91.  Ozzy should have retired his band after Ozzmosis and the 'Retirement Sucks' tour though.

Ok, Genghis Khan, although i don't think Ozzy is such a great example of "Music comes first", like Kiss. Don't get me wrong, i like them more or less.

My problem with them (Kiss), is the fact it was never real to me that they're gonna leave the business for good. This "Farewell" tours are part of the game, don't you think ?

If Maiden ever publically state they are going to retire, i expect they will never return.

I know, but don't you think they exaggerate?

I mean, Kiss has published almost so many compilations albuns as studio albuns (18-19 !!).

And since they keep selling, that's another instance of Kiss being good on the business side of things. You know, like GK said.

Also: compilations are often issued by labels with no artist involvement. I would bet Kiss wasn't at all involved with at least a few Kiss compilations.

Hum, maybe you're right on that.

If you don't have any problem with such massive merchandise, i'm the last person to create one, really.

Besides, i like to hear them.

Rotam said:
I know, but don't you think they exaggerate?

I mean, Kiss has published almost so many compilations albuns as studio albuns (18-19 !!).

Like SMX said, KISS and other bands do not often have a say about compilations, especially if the band is no longer with the label.  I no longer perscribe to the "buy all CDs" including compilations kind of mentality, but I did when I was younger.  As a result, I do have a few of those compilations including 'Smashes, Thrashes and Hits' and 'Greatest KISS'.

Genghis Khan said:
...I do have a few of those compilations including 'Smashes, Thrashes and Hits'...

I've got that one too. On both tape and CD. Plus years ago, I had Double Platinum (their very first compilation) on vinyl. In fact, that was my first Kiss album, I think.

I should get Double Platinum again. It has the only Kiss song I don't have a copy of: Strutter '78, a re-recording of the song with the live version of the first chorus.

Back