Kevin's diary coming to Ironmaiden.com

Hottysmiff

Shooting plasma from my grave
Just been on Kevin Shirley's website, he says his diary through the making of TFF is being posted on ironmaiden.com soon. Looking forward to it.  :)

It's gotta be such an honor to produce records for Maiden.  Kinda like bowling with God, and he makes you hold his beverage while he takes his turn.

chaosapiant said:
It's gotta be such an honor to produce records for Maiden.  Kinda like bowling with God, and he makes you hold his beverage while he takes his turn.
Surely God could hold his own beverage and bowl at the same time?

:bigsmile:

Is the diary going to be public or for fanclub members only?  I'm not an FC member (can't decide whether it's worth the £££) so was wondering if I'd be unable to access the content...

Hehe, that was quite a cynical remark.
Even though I don't really agree, this was still a funny remark, in this context.  :)

Well I'm listening to Falling Into Infinity at the moment, and sonically it's a fantastic album.  Every instrument sounds clear and natural, and is given a lot of breathing space without overwhelming anything else.  Everything is super distinct, and it's wonderful.  He can make a fantastic sounding album if he's allowed to.

But has more than 1 guitar track at the same time, probably 3 or more.  :)

Anyway looking forward to this, should be great to read.

GuineaPig said:
I wish Kevin Shirley had more to do with the production of Iron Maiden's albums.

I agree. Steve must take care of production on live albums, singles B-Sides. He's hiring Kevin to work as a sound engineer and he's amazing at it. Steve's screwing up with Maiden's sound.

It's the one he apparently handled the knobs properly with less Steve intromission. The best sounding album of the 6 men line up.

Jeffmetal said:
I agree. Steve must take care of production on live albums, singles B-Sides. He's hiring Kevin to work as a sound engineer and he's amazing at it. Steve's screwing up with Maiden's sound.
The sound of every Maiden album with Shirley has sounded great to my ears. Not sure what everyone is complaining about.

Adrian Smith can hold all beverages and all bowls at the same time.
Adrian Smith could extend my break beyond 15 minutes so I could make more Adrian Smith statements, but he won't.

Adrian Smith doesn't get screwed at the drive through. 
Adrian Smith screws the drive through.

Back