Just listened to Nodding Donkey Blues for the first time.

Mega

Ancient Mariner
My god. Never would've thought there'd be a maiden song with the words "tits" and "rug" in them.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Funny's good, but what the fuck.

Well, it's not really a cover as it was mainly composed by Bruce and Janick and it was called Ballad Of Mutt.

They are separate - BOM from Tattooed Millionaire single (acoustic) and NDB from BQOBD - but the main riff is the same. NDB is mirrored on the Dive! Dive! Live! vhs version, though.

Mega said:
My god. Never would've thought there'd be a maiden song with the words "tits" and "rug" in them.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Funny's good, but what the fuck.

Laugh, it's a piss take. Why on earth would you take it seriously?

^ Coz it's fine blues track :p Never mind the lyrics. The music itself has a good melody and features a nice blues groove. The piano breakdown is exceptionally fun to listen to.

I'm really trying to laugh! I love Sheriff of Huddersfield for example, but this one just makes me cringe.

I loved BOM. The thing about blues in general is that the lyrics are usually cringe-worthy, so I've learned to ignore that. ;)

I like the lyrics, it's about a fat lady with nice huge tits. Some fat ladies smell so good and are so gorgeous. :wub:

The song is pretty cool.

Back