Judas Priest is in the studio and about to release Epitaph live DVD/Blu Ray "soon"

Great news, was wondering what happened with that new album.

Epitaph? the song Epitaph from Sad Wings of Destiny? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just cringing from that song. I think that song gave me post traumatic cringe disorder.

Epitaph? the song Epitaph from Sad Wings of Destiny? Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night just cringing from that song. I think that song gave me post traumatic cringe disorder.
It's a suiting name for their last actual tour. And the Epitaph song is awesome. Would've loved if they had played it.

Edit: Removed from youtube? WHYYYY?

That one's still there :)

Faulkner really looks like KK in a lot of clips, especially the facial expressions during solo's.

I don't get why everybody's slamming Halford, Gillian + almost every older high note Metal singer. They don't sing as well as when they were young? They don't reach as high and they have to resort to other techniques than they were younger? Yeah, it's the same as slamming Usain Bolt for running too slow when he's 60 +.

The thing is, about rock singing (this specific case of Dokken), is that the performers tend to have to reinvent themselves over and over, to be able to go on. Dokken said he's learned to sing again three times over and learn how to do things differnetly to reach similar results. It happens and it is happening to Bruce as well, although still in early stages. Hell, some people even slammed Dio, saying he sounded husky in his later years. Yea, people's abilities change, sucks getting old. Both Bolt and Bruce will experience that.

Slamming? I am just not ignoring that he's lost the nuances in some parts. And I tried to do that with a bit of humour. It's not just the high vocals. These lines from Beyond the Realms of Death really miss a lot from what they once were. Because Halford was so good, it's more painful to see the contrasts. For me at least, because Priest is my favourite band of all times, next to Maiden.

Slamming? I am just not ignoring that he's lost the nuances in some parts. And I tried to do that with a bit of humour. It's not just the high vocals. These lines from Beyond the Realms of Death really miss a lot from what they once were. Because Halford was so good, it's more painful to see the contrasts. For me at least, because Priest is my favourite band of all times, next to Maiden.
I know, it's more of a general rant. :)

My favorite BTROD though, is from Rising In The East. Sure, the high notes aren't as cool, but the mid range is better and more emotionally sunged than the original release. Halford is though, as you pointed out, prone to change the way lines are sung live nowadays. It sometimes works great, and sometimes not.

Yeah, a DVD/CD package would've been cool. But I'm content with ripping the audio too.

I hope you are talking about the new studio album. It has only been a year ago since we did the Priest survivor.
In a way, we're doing one now as well, in the Best Album Ever Survival. ;-)

Yes, when the new studio album is released. I suppose that'll happen in late summer or fall, so it'll be at least a year and a half since the previous Survivor :) I'll also put all the bonus songs found on remastered studio albums (like Living Bad Dreams, for example).

I hadn't expected the album to come out that soon. I am still counting on 2014, but if it's earlier, that's fine with me!

Yea, 2014 sounds like a reasonable date. It looks like they're intentionally taking their time with this one.

Back