Janick when playing older songs?

A

Anonymous

This may be a stupid question - if so, call me out on it. But I haven't seen Maiden live in a really long time & I don't know what Janick does when Maiden plays older songs that only had 2 guitars on the songs originally.

Does he play matching one of the other guitar parts, or rhythm guitar, or ?

Probably the same sort of thing that H does when they do the "No Prayer.." to "Virtual XI" stuff.

Since Adrian returned Janick plays all his own solos (all his material since No Prayer For The Dying).

With Adrian, it depends on the song. Adrian plays most of his original solos (the eighties stuff), but Janick plays the lead of Hallowed Be Thy Name (can be heard on e.g. Rock in Rio), which was originally an Adrian solo.

There might be more examples, which could be found in some eighties songs of the 1999 (Ed Hunter) tour, the summer of 2003 (Give me Ed till I’m Dead) tour and the 2005 (Early Days) tour. I haven’t analyzed all this stuff yet.

Interesting thing and cool to watch is that Adrian’s solo in “The Evil That Men Do” and “The Trooper” is now shared with Janick. They play the solo at the same time ! :--)

Forostar said:
Adrian plays most of his original solos (the eighties stuff), but Janick butchers the lead of Hallowed Be Thy Name (can be heard on e.g. Rock in Rio), which was originally an Adrian solo.

Sorry mate. I had to correct you there...  :halo:

Back