Janick Gers

SandMaN

Ancient Mariner
After reading some posts here, I realized that most of you dont like Janick as an Iron Maiden member...
Why? Dont you like his style? Dont you like how he moves in the scenary? Dont you like the way he looks?

i love him.

and i love all those questions u asked [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] he's a great guitarist in his own way. he might not be smith or murray but stilll....he's different.

I agree, Janick rocks. [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
He's different, maybe he doesn't possess Dave's or Adrian's finesse, but I mean a guy who plays the way he does, who acts the way he does...full of energy!
[!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Janick!

That depends on what style of playing you like really. Janick is a bit improvising when it comes down to playing live, more relaxed, while Adrian and Dave are more prepared. Can't say who I like best of them though, but it's probably Adrian.

janick sux [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like Janick but I like H and Murray better. He's still a member of Iron Maiden so I have more respect for him than most other musicians.

I still can't stand his dancing on stage and never will.

I think Jan's Awesome! Always have always will... [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I like him a lot.
He has a great sense of humour, is a great musician and his stage presence is unforgettable.
Besides, Maiden kept him after Adrian rejoined, so this has to mean something.
He's right up there with Dave And H.

:howdy: i dont like him..i dont hate him..he do his work as he can.
i will love forever the classic 5 maiden members...arry, bruce, davey, nick and h...and of course eddie !!

Maybe people hate Janick because he is so damn fast on a guitar, and make it sound so incredibly EVIL!!

[!--QuoteBegin-MAIDEN_ARGENTINA+Sep 2 2003, 11:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MAIDEN_ARGENTINA @ Sep 2 2003, 11:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] :howdy: i dont like him..i dont hate him..he do his work as he can.
i will love forever the classic 5 maiden members...arry, bruce, davey, nick and h...and of course eddie !!
[/quote]
I was just speaking about that...
For many people Janick is indefferent... Its the same with or without him...
And no one do these questions about the other members...

Janick Rocks!!!!

Of course, then someone can ask you to define "classic"...
Not many people talk about Dennis Stratton these days.

Janick is good but uses far too many fast simple guitar techniques and his solos don't have a lot of feeling. Just twiddling hammer ons and pull offs and lots of shredding. Nothing special. But he's very good at rhythm guitar and adds an extra dimension to the stage shows and songs. Just leave the solos to Davey and Adrey.

i have to agree with The Ancient Mariner..Janick is good but give the solos to H and Dave. [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Of course Janick is full of energy on stage. I don't hate him, just not into his thing.

For me, Janick is better than Dennis. And he give special power to the band..
I dont have enought knowledgements to say something about the way he plays... I just like how he plays. Also like Dave or Adrian...

His playing is too predictable. for example in the song Paschandale, he repeats the same beginning in each of his phrase (approx 1 measure) a bend, a quick release bend and going lower with short notes, roaming there a bit, higher, then repeat the loop.

But!!! he has many great moments, like the solos of From Here To Eternity (beginning of his part, tremolo bar, which goes perfectly), DOD solo (especially tapping part) and the intro of Lord of The Flies. He makes some very good fills in concerts too. (So many moments I can't count)

What I really like in Janick is his songwriting. He writes most interesting Iron Maiden stuff since Fear Of The Dark. He wrote most progressive songs like Ghost of The Navigator. Intro to Out of Silent Planet is his signature on it. It's always good to have a distinct style both in playing and songwriting.

Lastly, I only wished his songs weren't touched or influenced that much by Stevie, as in the case of Dream Of Mirrors. a beautiful song, but becomes unnecessarily long and repetitive, by repeating whole intro-verse-chorus part a second time and at the end of song. like most of post-Fear of The Dark Harris signature tracks...

[!--QuoteBegin-SandMaN+Aug 27 2003, 02:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SandMaN @ Aug 27 2003, 02:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] After reading some posts here, I realized that most of you dont like Janick as an Iron Maiden member...
Why? Dont you like his style? Dont you like how he moves in the scenary? Dont you like the way he looks? [/quote]
I think That Janick is a pretty good player....And he dressed like a rockstar when He came to Scramento which is always badass....faded, ripped jeans, with a bullet belt.....The only thing I don't like is when he stands straight up like a pencil and the holds the guitar against his chest but with the head pointing to the sky, he looks like a whale or some other form of fish when he does that.

What I like is his attitude...
He rocks! He likes to rock!.
He gives a special power to live performances...
His presence is important for Maiden...

He's ok. But the problem is that Maiden has one guitarist too much. They don't need Janick but he takes over Adrians place. That's why I want him out and restore Adrians place in the band.

His solos are weak and he jumps around like a jackass on stage. His only real strength is in his songwriting. I think he built up so many riffs over the years and he's only over the last few albums been able to record them.

Back