Jag Panzer

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Are there any Jag Panzer fans here?
They are going to release a new album this month The Scourge Of The Light (FINALLY), the first one since 2004. Casting The Stones is my favorite Jag Panzer album, but all of their albums are great, except Dissident Alliance.

EDIT: There's a new song - Condemned To Fight, on their MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/jagpanzer), it's great.

LOVE Jag Panzer! Chain of Command, Scarlet Letter, Iron Eagle... GREAT stuff, sadly very unappreciated, but I blame it on them being from Colorado lol. But hey, If Kamelot (from FLORIDA) can gain notoriety, I don't see why Jag Panzer should be denied. Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely add it to my list along with the new Stratovarius.

Onhell said:
, but I blame it on them being from Colorado lol.
Not cool. Since they are from here I'll give them a listen later.

listened to Power Surge. It was ok I guess.

After more than three decades of delivering heavy metal to the masses, Colorado power metallers JAG PANZER have decided to call it quits.

"We are proud of every album we released and the support we've received from the heavy metal community," states guitarist and founder Mark Briody. "We've played so many places around the world and enjoyed every minute of it but the time has come where we just cannot move forward as a band."

Guitarist Christian Lasegue left the band last month to pursue his degree full time.

"Christian did an amazing job on 'The Scourge Of The Light' and it was a pleasure working with him," continues Briody. "We wished Christian well but kept this quiet until we found a replacement."

Drummer Rikard Stjernquist says, "Several guitar players applied for the job. It was a pleasant surprise to see so many young guitarists with advanced chops. One player, 19-year-old Jake Dreyer, submitted videos of him nailing solos from both Chris Broderick and Christian Lasegue. We were ready to welcome Jake into the band, but, unfortunately, that will not happen. There is no doubt in any of our minds that Jake will go on to be a household name in his own right."

Bassist John Tetley adds a final statement: "In closing, we’d like to send out a huge heartfelt THANK YOU to metal fans throughout the world. You all rule!"

:(

From their Facebook:
JAGPANZER.jpg

That clears things up. Looks like this band doesn't have the guts (or energy) to continue without him.

I guess so.

Btw. did you hear Satan's Host's latest album? The Tyrant sings on it and it's an awesome album, and pretty much the best combination of clean vocals with black, death and power metal I have ever heard on an album.

My favorite song from that album - Black Hilted Knife:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efchSlUEbhk
(this clip also has an intro that comes before the real song, which starts at around 3:37)

Decent album with strange production, and perhaps their second weakest. I prefer the re-recorded versions of songs that have been re-recorded 'cause they have better production and The Tyrant :D

Back