'i've Got The Fire'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'I've Got The Fire' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'i've Got The Fire'

I've read that's the first song Harris wrote. He try to play it in his band (Smiler) but the other guys founded it to difficult to play. So he preffer leave the band and create his own band. (you know the result...)

Most of the Maiden elements are in this song, like tempo changes, harmonized guitars, good solos, etc...

I don't know what the lyrics are about, but the title is explicit ! it's a sign for the future.

I like this song and rank it 3,5/5

'i've Got The Fire'

[!--QuoteBegin-Lib+Aug 20 2004, 05:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Lib @ Aug 20 2004, 05:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I've read that's the first song Harris wrote. He try to play it in his band (Smiler) but the other guys founded it to difficult to play. So he preffer leave the band and create his own band. (you know the result...)
[snapback]83895[/snapback]​
[/quote]
You read wrong. This is a Ronnie Montrose song! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

It looks like you were talking about 'Burning Ambition' and Gypsy's Kiss [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'i've Got The Fire'

And it also looks like I screwed up. The title of the poll was indeed "Burning Ambition", and not "'I've Got The Fire"... Problem fixed, but I feel like a right git [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'i've Got The Fire'

Well, not the worst song they ever recorded, but also not one of the better ones... I think it is the only song that they released as a live rendition first, and then as a studio recording, and the recording line-up also changed a bit.

'i've Got The Fire'

good cover of a mediocre song [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I could easily live without it, but it's good as a b-side (alot better than those "Orchestral" versions nowadays...). 3 stars

'i've Got The Fire'

I would argue that the thread for this song should be in the piece of mind subforum, because that is tha album the studio version of the bside belongs to

'i've Got The Fire'

And I would argue back that the first version of this song to appear on a Maiden single was as a B-side to the Sanctuary single. Chronologically, it makes more sense like this. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'i've Got The Fire'

[!--QuoteBegin-Uwe+Aug 22 2004, 07:37 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Uwe @ Aug 22 2004, 07:37 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, not the worst song they ever recorded, but also not one of the better ones... I think it is the only song that they released as a live rendition first, and then as a studio recording, and the recording line-up also changed a bit.
[snapback]84101[/snapback]​
[/quote]
This was released as a live version first before a studio version, but so was Drifter which was also on the b-side of Sanctuary, which did not appear until the Killers album as a recorded version.

A live version of this song is in the 1995 Iron Maiden cd re-release.  :)

Nothing special... the lyrics are annoying.

4/10

I’ve Got the Fire has tons of energy, but Paul sounds like he’s killing his throat and the whole thing comes off a bit like a Motorhead recording.

The thing is, Paul was rough and sounded like a right bastard. Just listen to this version of the song:
Back then, Maiden sounded like a hard rock group and looked like a fuckin gang or something.
A definite 9/10.

Then they did a studio version that made my balls ache, and the live version sounded like this:
Well, well. I like it rough as Blackie L. would murmur. A fine 6/10.

"The only covers we did were 'I've Got The Fire', 'Jailbreak', 'Simple Man' and possibly a UFO song and the rest were originals." (Paul Day for voltagemedia.com.au – July 20, 2011)

'I've Got The Fire' or 'I Got The Fire' as it is originally titled, is a song recorded in 1974 by the band Montrose on their 2nd album Paper Money.

Trivia

The original version (performed in the Maiden version with great precision) was the result of a studio screwup which resulted in the bottom-heavy reverberating noise in its intro.

The song started to be regularly played by Maiden around '78 and kept being played until 1981.

'I've Got The Fire' stands out from all the other Maiden covers since it's the only cover song recorded and released as a live version (B-side on Sanctuary) and studio version.

Like trivia like this? Get more in my book, which you can get by subscribing here https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666

Ah yes! The load of wankers version was only released in the UK. It was later changed and it hasn't been released as that ever again
Yeah, same for this version of I got the fire. It seems to only be in the you load of wankers single. Too bad since it is superior to the other I've got the fire version

Yeah, same for this version of I got the fire. It seems to only be in the you load of wankers single. Too bad since it is superior to the other I've got the fire version
Definitely. BTW there's also the difference that at the end of the grooves in the original version, there was a fan shouting: "Yeahhhh, Iron Maiden, wuhooooooo"

Back