Is there a Maiden Program Tour database?

Crazypants

Trooper
Anybody know of any site that documents the various Maiden tour programs? Ive poked around google and the search on this site but everything Ive found has been incomplete and/or lacking in detail.

What are you looking for?
Ideally at the minimum something with a front/back scan of each one but the more detail about variations and such wold be great. Ive found a couple youtube videos that went into some pretty extensive detail about very specific Maiden tour programs but Ive yet to really find anything online that covered the all the Maiden tour programs out there.

It's a very quality designed tour program. I think it was designed by Hugh Syme.
I have all the tour programs from Killers to A matter of Life and Death. I stopped collecting there.
Ive seen multiple sources claim that was the best one ever made.

What got me started down this rabbit hole is I read that later variations of some of the tour books had different photos then the first print runs. I was curious if this was documented in detail anywhere. This guys site has been dormant for over 10 years but he does have some rather detailed info on Maiden tour programs. http://my-iron-maiden-collection.blogspot.com/2008/07/tour-books_565.html.

Ive seen multiple sources claim that was the best one ever made.

What got me started down this rabbit hole is I read that later variations of some of the tour books had different photos then the first print runs. I was curious if this was documented in detail anywhere. This guys site has been dormant for over 10 years but he does have some rather detailed info on Maiden tour programs. http://my-iron-maiden-collection.blogspot.com/2008/07/tour-books_565.html.
It's a good site, it seems that you have all the info there. As you said there are variations in some of them, different covers, formats…

It's a good site, it seems that you have all the info there. As you said there are variations in some of them, different covers, formats…

Unfortunately not all the info. It cuts out right before The Final Frontier tour. I know there were 2 print runs for Final Frontier Tour programs and I have the 2010 cover. Theres also a 2010-2011 labeled cover and Im curious if they have different photos. I cant even remember if the Maiden England shows had a tour program. I have the Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast tour programs but I'm unsure if there's any print variations.

I can't help you with that. I'm sure someone here can do it.
check out this other link
(This guy has a lot of things, and it looks that the Book of Souls has 2 different versions)

Unfortunately not all the info. It cuts out right before The Final Frontier tour. I know there were 2 print runs for Final Frontier Tour programs and I have the 2010 cover. Theres also a 2010-2011 labeled cover and Im curious if they have different photos. I cant even remember if the Maiden England shows had a tour program. I have the Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast tour programs but I'm unsure if there's any print variations.

I'm not entirely sure what you're after but as someone who had collected all thei tour programmes as research for my books here's what I can say.

There are, as a matter of fact, 3 different Tour Programmes from The Final Frontier Tour. 2 with the dates between June 9, 2010 and April 17, 2011. The second one has some different pictures. Then there's the one that covers all the dates (from June 9, 2010 to August 6, 2011) which is the one you mention as labeled 2010-2011. This one not only has different pictures but an entire different text.

The Maiden England Tour 2012-2013 had a Postergram, the 2014 leg didn't.

There were also, as you say, 2 different tour programmes for the Book Of Souls Tour. There are different pictures and text between the printed one in 2016 and the one printed for 2017.

Then we have 2 different ones for The Legacy Of The Beast Tour. The first one covers the European leg of the tour and the other one covers the date between July 18 – October 15, 2019. There are some different pictures, slight different text and the supporting bands text is completely different.

The tour with the most tour programmes are the World Piece Tour (4) and The World Slavery Tour (4). Oh and you have to consider that the Japanese tour programmes usually had different text (even when translated), pictures and layout.

There's also 2 "special" tour programmes, both printed in Brazil. The first one is from the Somewhere On Tour and the second one is from The X Factour. The one from The X Factour is almost exactly as the one sold during the tour. These tour programmes are not official tour programmes because they were put on sale only in Brazil and not in the venues, but they are authorised by the band.

Back