Is my copy of Eddie's Archive fake

Hello. This is my first post on this site, although I've been lurking here for a long time now.

I bought one of the limited edition copies of "Eddie's Archive" from Amazon USA a long time ago. I didn't buy it from any third-party seller, but from Amazon itself. I've enjoyed it all these years, and I swear that this is the best thing I have ever purchased.

Now, I understand that each of these copies is individually numbered - mine has "K 8690"eddie archive K 86907-12", and saw that some obscure seller tried to sell this same thing on ebay a while ago. My copy of Eddie's Archive had never been for sale anywhere, let alone EBay!!

How could this be? I don't know what the chances are, but did Amazon sell me a counterfeit copy of Eddie's Archive?  Am I missing something obvious here? I am driving myself mad thinking about it all the time.

Does anyone know what's going on here? Please help

maiden_trooper said:
Now, I understand that each of these copies is individually numbered - mine has "K 8690"eddie archive K 86907-12", and saw that some obscure seller tried to sell this same thing on ebay a while ago. My copy of Eddie's Archive had never been for sale anywhere, let alone EBay!!
The scroll/parchment is individually numbered. Where do you find that number/code?

Hello national acrobat.

I think I made a mistake when typing my original post:

The number on my scroll/parchment is "K 86907-12", and is found at the bottom left part of the scroll - just above the copyright statement.

Is this where the individual number is? Please let me know.

My individual number is in a box on the bottom right, next to where it says "Limited Edition Scroll Number", and there's no K.. number on there. I have the blue-coloured lining, maybe the red one is different.

I'm not saying that they categorically would not, but I would be very surprised if a seller like Amazon itself was to sell counterfeit goods. I know they do have a "marketplace" for third party sellers, but you said you went to them direct, so it should be OK.

The thing about the Archive box was that there was originally a limited edition set that NA has described and mine is the same as that - but I believe they did do another edition which is the one you may well have.

I'll go back home and check the scroll once again. I don't think it is a fake copy as I bought it from Amazon direct - and it was a sealed, new copy.

For what it's worth, mine has a blue lining as well. I thought these were the limited edition ones - and the ones with a red lining were the second 'over-the-limit' batch. I don't really care as long as it is not fake, and thinking back with a cool head, I am pretty convinced that it is a genuine copy.

There - I feel much relieved already!

Okay, I studied the parchment that came in my Eddie's Archive casket, and I can't find anything related to it being one of a limited edition release printed on it.

Looks like it is one of the 'over-the-limit" copies, but with a blue inner lining. What's more? It was sold to me as "Limited Edition..." by Amazon, so I am feeling a bit let down.... :(

I'm no expert on this, so take this as you will ... but I was under the impression that both batches were limited editions. The main difference was that the first batch was numbered, and the second wasn't.

The second batch was pretty fucking limited indeed. Took me two years to get my hands on one of them.

Eddie's Archive has been released in two different versions. The strictly limited and numbered version. One can recognize this by the numbered scroll (the number should be in the right corner down on the page) and by the fact that the inlay is coloured blue.

Due to large demants maiden has released a second version with a red inlay and a scroll that is not numbered.

Both version are kind of rare, the first version is by far the rarest and are sometimes sold for over $ 200,- on e-bay.

If one offers you a version with a numbered scroll in an Eddie's Archive box with a red inlay it is absolutely not a numbered version and so less rare!

I have 4 copies of the first printing of Eddie's Archive, 3 of which were purchased at the store the day of release.  2 of them are opened and have the exact number as yours on the scroll.  That is not the individual number.  The individual number is located on a hologram sticker that was affixed to the packaging, at least on the U.S. release and the Japanese release.

Twarkle said:
I have 4 copies of the first printing of Eddie's Archive, 3 of which were purchased at the store the day of release.  2 of them are opened and have the exact number as yours on the scroll.  That is not the individual number.  The individual number is located on a hologram sticker that was affixed to the packaging, at least on the U.S. release and the Japanese release.

This.  I bought mine before the second edition was even thought of, I have the hologram sticker, the blue inlay, and no proper number on my scroll.  Glad to know i'm not the only one.

Suicidehummer said:
So why is there only shitty quality videos of Beast Over Hammersmith on YouTube?

Edit: Of course I mean excluding the videos that were on Early Days.
Well, the stuff that's in Eddie's Archive is just audio CDs, not DVDs, if that's what you were thinking.

Suicidehummer said:
Ah, I see. That's BS though, why won't they release the full concert on DVD?
Because just like Steve says in The Early Days dvd, the lightning was very sub par - Too plain bad to release. I guess they salvaged what they could and released it with The Early Days- It's too bad quality to release as a standalone dvd.

What they "salvaged" seems pretty decent to me. They could have at least included the rest of the show on the second disc (for example Ruskin Arms was pretty bad quality but they threw it in there).

The least that they could have done on the Early Days DVD is not have 5 different versions of Iron Maiden :D

Back