Iron Maiden Tour dates

A

Anonymous

As you all know by now, the tour dates and venues since the early days of the band are available on the Commentary in the [a href=\'http://www.maidenfans.com/imc/?link=tours&url=index&lang=eng\' target=\'_blank\']Tours Section[/a]. However, there are still a lot of info missing concerning mainly the opening acts and the reasons for cancellation for some shows.

Anyone out there can help me fill in the blanks? Thanks in advance! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Sorry to revive this thread from the dead, but can it be that no one has anything to say about it? [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Amazing Database. It will become, as is the usual with things on this site, a referance page reagarding Maiden tours. If I gather some scattered info I have on specific days I might chip in in the future. Cheers Mav

I don't have much merit. Most of my info comes from [a href=\'http://web.telia.com/~u34014312/index.htm\' target=\'_blank\']Robert Skoog's website[/a], and Robert was kind enough to let me use it. Top geezer! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I was looking at your tour information and there are some mistakes that I found. I live in the Los Angeles area and know first hand the names of the cities, venues, and support bands.

1. Aug/02/98-Virtual XI

-correct venue to Universal Amphitheater and that is located in Universal City, CA, USA
-add the support band-Dio (100% sure) and WASP (not 100% sure).

2. Apr/04/96-X Factor

-add support-Fear Factory

3. Sep/10/00-Brave New World

-correct venue name from Irvine Meadows to Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Same place new name.

Thanks a lot Pico-Union! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (funny nick, by the way [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

The pages have been updated according to your info.

i think its excellent work!
i helped with some info on maiden gigs in slovakia as i live here

No problem Maverick. My nickname is the name of the community that is part of the city of Los Angeles in the United States. The name is composed of two streets that intersect in this area. Pico Blvd. and Union Ave. I grew up in this area and I used it as a nickname in this site.
Pico-Union is very close to Downtown Los Angeles and if you like basketball it is just west of the Staples Center where the Los Angeles Lakers play.

I checked the shows I've been to, and I can add that on 06 Feb 1987 (Somewhere on Tour, Denver) the opening band was Vinnie Vincent Invasion. And they really, really sucked.

Infos about concerts where I was :

27 jan 1996 - Montluçon - Athanor - FRANCE : support = Dirty Deeds

15 oct 1998 - Clermont-Fd - Maison des Sports - FRANCE : support = only Helloween

The pages have been updated. Thanks a lot for the info and keep 'em coming! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i can say that all the gigs in slovakia were sold out
those gigs are
1993 - bratislava (about 15 000)
1995 - zilina (cca 10 000)
2000 - banska bystrica (about 15000)
2003 - banska bystrica (about 5000)

also in Hungary:
1984 - Budapest - there were 38,000 people
2000 - about 11 000 in Budapest Kisstadion Stadium
2003 - about 10 000 in Budapest Kisstadion Stadium
2003 - debrecen = about 8000+ people

also gigs in 1986 and 1988 in Budapest on MTK Stadium were sold out (24,000 people)

also:
1999 - stuttgart - Hans-Martin Schleyerhalle - cca 12 000 fans

About the show : 19 nov 1983 - Clermont-Fd - Maison des Sports - FRANCE, there's another bootleg (or maybe it's the same ? ) called French Kitchen, 2 coloured LPs.

This shows contains two interesting things : the introduction to 'To tame a Land' by Bruce in French - something about Frank Herbert - and a marvellous mistake - by the same Bruce - during 'Number of the Beast', when he sings the end during the second verse. The verse becomes some gibberish : very funny ! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I'm laying off bootlegs for the moment (plenty more to do on other pages!), but your info has been saved. I'd need a bit more information to make a proper page about this boot, though.

Thanks anyway! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A few comments from my side.

1. Did you on purpose not list the "Give me Ed till I am dead"-tour? This tour is not an easy task, since it mainly consists of festivals. Maybe there was no tourbook from this tour, but it still was a tour of its own.

2. Are you in general counting all the festivalbands, or "only" the supports from Maidens "own" concerts?

The Give Me 'Ed tour dates are listed with the Dance Of Death tour on purpose, as those gigs weren't in support of any album or new release.

For the festivals, I do not include the other bands on purpose too. The list would be too long, I think, although it is something I could always consider for future updates I suppose.

Happy? [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+Dec 21 2004, 10:56 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Dec 21 2004, 10:56 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]The Give Me 'Ed tour dates are listed with the Dance Of Death tour on purpose, as those gigs weren't in support of any album or new release.

[snapback]94290[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Not quite happy. [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Neither were the gigs of Early Gigs. This is a bit inconsequent, if you ask me. But I like the initiative, so no prob! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Acording to the book "Scream for me Sweden" The gig that was played in stockholm the 8:th September 1981 on the killer world tour, after being cancelled on the 8:th May, took place at Göta Lejon. In the commentary it says Göta Lejon or Draken. But it's strange the bootleg is called Draken '81.

Back