Iron Maiden The Ultimate Rarities Cd's

maidenpriest

Trooper
Hello All,

Going through my Maiden Cd's I have come across two silver pressed Cd's The Ultimate Rarities Volume One & Two and was wondering if anyone has any info on them, I can not see them listed anyway on the internet, Volume One has a picture of circa 2000 of The band draped in the British Union flag and Volume Two has a close up of Bruce with a curtains style haircut, what is interesting apart from all the rarities on it BBC Sessions, Soundhouse, Dickinson Audition etc is a live version of 'I've Got The Fire' claiming to be Top Of The Pops and the Running Free Demo if anyone has any info about these Cd's etc please let me know ?

Post a tracklist please, it's possible that some well known bootleg compilation got renamed.

Vol Two:

Iron Maiden/Running Free/Transylvania (BBC Session)
Woman In Uniform/I've Got The Fire (TOTP)
The Trooper/Revelations/Flight Of Icarus/22 Acacia Ave/The Number Of The Beast (Dortmund 1983)
Wrathchild (Japan 1981)
Holy Smoke (Axe Attack)
Running Free (1979 Demo)
Smoke On The Water (Live Posen 1984)
I've Got The Fire/Prowler/Remember Tommorow/Killers/Running Free/Transylvania (Live Japan)

Vol One

Justice Of The Peace/I Live My Way/Judgement Day/My Generation/Doctor Doctor/
Iron Maiden/Prowler (Soundhouse Tapes)
Twilight Zone/Wrathchild/Killers (Dickinson Audition)
Sanctuary/Wrathchild (Metal For Mothers)
Sanctuary (BBC Session)
Lone Wolf/Its Not As Easy As It Seems/I Wish I Was A Saddle Of a/Live In A Fuckin' Time Warp/Lucky To Lose/Another Rock & Roll Christmas

Your "Vol One" is listed as a bootleg on Discogs here.
A live version of "I've Got the Fire" was on the Sanctuary single (from the Marquee Club, 1980); is it maybe that? Don't think they played it on TotPs.

The 'I've Got the Fire' sounds like the single version but a totally different mix it was not played on TOTP, that Discogs listing has nearly the same track list but is not the correct Cd cover art and the last three songs are different ?

Definite boot.

Axe Attack was released 10 years before holy smoke was recorded, so I suspect the version of holy smoke on there is the one were "shit" is bleeped out.

Metal For Mothers

I heard about Dad Rock before, this one is new to me :)

Anyways I never saw this bootleg. And by that I mean I'm fairly certain that I know of every compilation bootleg being traded at the moment. Maybe this one went below the radar of the sharing community because it has no unsurfaced stuff on it. Last one that we wanted to badly hunt down, was called Kings of the Twilight Zone and featured two unsurfaced demos; it was a disappointment because demos are 99% same studio tracks (FOTB and CSIT). CSIT had parts shuffled but that's it.

Can you post images of the CDs, sleeves/cover etc. Maybe scanning the cover image (or a precise shot with cellphone) could yield some results with google reverse image search.

I have this in MP3 form. It seems to be quite rare, because I never saw any reference to it outside the immediate context I downloaded it from, but it's also not very desirable to own, because all the content is available elsewhere. I remember getting it on the off chance that there was something on it I never heard before, and there wasn't. Compilations like this made sense before the internet age, but they're pretty useless now.

I also had some MP3 directory full of b-sides, live demos etc. I remember there was "Rhythm of The Beast" on it, labeled as Zero-Oh Baby. There was also SoT guitar solo - labeled as "Walking on glass" up there.

Is this even Bruce?

P.S. I think that files I had in that directory equal this

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-High-Vaultage-Vol-2/release/5550030

+ some more.

I'm gonna see if I have that 20 year old directory still intact on my storage. About mid-2000s I started replacing crap 128kb (or worse) Maiden MP3s downloaded off the net with own CD rips and then again with lossless vinyl rips (of other people).

I also had some MP3 directory full of b-sides, live demos etc. I remember there was "Rhythm of The Beast" on it, labeled as Zero-Oh Baby. There was also SoT guitar solo - labeled as "Walking on glass" up there.

Is this even Bruce?

He is not.

Bruce did sing here:

The track, which was recorded before his Samson days (http://www.bookofhours.net/beta/xero.htm), was included on that Xero single to boost sales...

I do have both volumes of High Vaultage and one CD titled Invasion of Rarities (Trooper cover artwork) and even the 4CD Kings of the Twilight Zone boxset at home.

Is this even Bruce?

P.S. I think that files I had in that directory equal this

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-High-Vaultage-Vol-2/release/5550030

+ some more.

I'm gonna see if I have that 20 year old directory still intact on my storage. About mid-2000s I started replacing crap 128kb (or worse) Maiden MP3s downloaded off the net with own CD rips and then again with lossless vinyl rips (of other people).

No. My understanding is that Bruce did do something with the band in question, but it is not that track featured on the boot.

I think Bruce may have done something on the b-side but the bootleggers used the track from the a-side.

I do have both volumes of High Vaultage and one CD titled Invasion of Rarities (Trooper cover artwork) and even the 4CD Kings of the Twilight Zone boxset at home.

is that the boxset that has like a pop up Eddie on it?

is that the boxset that has like a pop up Eddie on it?

It is this one:

https://www.discogs.com/Iron-Maiden-The-Kings-Of-The-Twilight-Zone/release/4559727

I own an updated copy with an additional fourth CD:

iron-maiden-the-kings-of-the-twilight-zone-3-cd-1cd-bonus-box--2_4876912

Definite boot.

Axe Attack was released 10 years before holy smoke was recorded, so I suspect the version of holy smoke on there is the one were "shit" is bleeped out.

Of course yes it is, that is why I bought them back in the day it was the only way to get these rarities :)

Back