IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Looking at the songs that currently have double digit votes, I like some of them - particularly Shadows of the Valley and Coming Home - but it doesn't look like any of my top (or 2nd) tier favorite songs will get eliminated in this round.
I'm really surprised by the amount of votes for When The Wild Wind Blows (and Coming Home!). I wouldn't call it one of my favorite epics, but it's a great song with tempo changes and beautiful melodies/vocals (like any Steve epic) that I thought would easily be promoted from the album.

Shadows Of The Valley will always be THE hidden gem from the album for me. One of Maiden's most underrated songs. Yeah, the album has 3 big amazing epics, but this mini epic shines with its own power.

Voted for BNW, Alchemist, Eternity, Great Unknown, The Red & The Black and When The River Runs Deep.

Ah, how nice of you to give 10 votes so I can vote for every single song on Book of Souls except "When the River Runs Deep".
Because I can.
And because BOS sucks.

*insert know-your-place-thrash.GIF here*

So as of now there's five songs with 15 or more votes:
  • Speed of Light
  • When the River Runs Deep
  • Shadows of the Valley
  • Tears of a Clown
  • The Man of Sorrows
Unless that changes it would keep Brave New World and The Final Frontier in play.

I recently listened to Speed of Light. I have really underrated that track. It's a great track for what it is - but never one that has followed me. Love the music video, too.

That change in the key at the last solo in The Great Unknown is to that track, what season 8 was to Game of Thrones

So there are my votes.

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 24:
Tears Of A Clown - 22 votes
Shadows Of The Valley - 21 votes
The Man Of Sorrows - 20 votes
Speed Of Light - 19 votes
When The River Runs Deep - 16 votes

8 votes allowed.

• Blood Brothers
  • Coming Home
  • The Alchemist
  • Starblind
  • If Eternity Should Fail
  • The Great Unknown
  • The Red And The Black
  • Death Or Glory

Eliminated after Round 24:
Shadows Of The Valley - 21 votes
Speed Of Light - 19 votes
When The River Runs Deep - 16 votes
^ Underrated songs everywhere - especially Shadows Of The Valley! Too bad most of the fans can't see the true greatness of this song.

I voted for:

When The Wild Wind Blows
If Eternity Should Fail
The Great Unknown

Strategic votes this time. Great Unknown is the weakest remaining song from TBOS album (still very good song), Eternity because sometimes it really bothers me that it doesn't have a proper solo (and Red & Black deserves to be promoted instead), and as much as I don't want to do it, Wild Wind because I want to help Isle Of Avalon - yeah, I would have changed some parts of it, but along with Starblind are such unique songs that deserve more recogniton (and I probably like Avalon a bit more). Too bad they didn't play them live.

Songs 4-8(/10) from TFF album are an amazing sequence.

Cannot believe The Man Of Sorrows got eliminated so fast, you guys are nuts. Also, If Eternity Should Fail is reunion era's most overrated song. Repetitive, boring, plodding.
The Man Of Sorrows is a nice melodic slow song, but it's not one of the strongest songs in the album. It would have shined more if Empire was not in the album. Just like Out Of The Shadows. It's true that If Eternity Should Fail is very repetitive, a solo could have helped for that. It's almost like most fans think that Bruce (and Adrian) didn't write songs with repetitive parts in them. Or never. :p The song is better live.

I don't really care about solos anymore, not every song has to have it, so don't think it would've made a difference. Repeating the chorus less times would've made a difference.

I don't really care about solos anymore, not every song has to have it, so don't think it would've made a difference. Repeating the chorus less times would've made a difference.
A song without a solo with 3 guitarists in the band, idk, it's strange. I care about the solos a lot, like about every other part really. That's Maiden! In the early years it was somehow more acceptable. One solo + the same repetition would have been fine for me. The song also has long intro & outro.

As good as the 80s albums are and though choices I made during these albums rounds, it was nowhere near the dilemma that I am facing now. For me it shows that I love so much more reunion era Maiden than 80s Maiden. Brave New World vs Ghost of the Navigator, Empire or Red and Black, Avalon vs Starblind - I mean how can you choose which one to keep and which one to drop. Anyway my votes -

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Coming Home
The Alchemist
Isle of Avalon
The Great Unknown
Death or Glory
Empire of the Clouds

The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
Coming Home
The Alchemist
Isle Of Avalon
The Talisman
The Great Unknown
Death Or Glory

As good as the 80s albums are and though choices I made during these albums rounds, it was nowhere near the dilemma that I am facing now. For me it shows that I love so much more reunion era Maiden than 80s Maiden. Brave New World vs Ghost of the Navigator, Empire or Red and Black, Avalon vs Starblind - I mean how can you choose which one to keep and which one to drop.
It was the same for me (except SIT album). This shows that the quality of the overall material is better since 2000. They are better musicians now.

It is interesting that (probably) for all metal bands the top songs in such a game will be the longer and more complex stuff. Longer than 4-5 minutes, just like with Maiden. Yeah, probably not all, but most of them. Complexity over simplistic approach? About Maiden the answer is obvious, but I would say a mix of both.

BOS need to go, the sooner the better.
Just promote Empire already, so it can vote against it in finals.
I don't know why I posted this, these are the promoted songs so far:

IRON MAIDEN
Prowler ; Remember Tomorrow ; Phantom Of The Opera
KILLERS
Wrathchild ; Murders In The Rue Morgue ; Killers
THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST
The Prisoner ; The Number Of The Beast ; Hallowed Be Thy Name
PIECE OF MIND
Where Eagles Dare ; Revelations ; The Trooper
POWERSLAVE
Aces High ; Powerslave ; Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
SOMEWHERE IN TIME