IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
Only the Good Die Young
Childhood's End
Wasting Love

Once, just once, I would like to see people leave "The Apparition" the fuck alone for a round. Please guys. Just one round.

Aces High
Infinite Dreams
The Evil That Men Do
The Clairvoyant

From Here to Eternity
Childhood's End
Wasting Love
Chains of Misery
The Apparition
Judas Be My Guide
Weekend Warrior

SSOASS can go but I’m down to keep Powerslave in until the finals. Personally I think NP should go ahead and promote those four but he’s a stick-in-the-mud so he’s probably just gonna angry face my suggestion. :ninja:

About The Apparition, the instrumental section with 3 solos is pretty good, especially Janick's 1st one. But the song needs a chorus because it feels uncharacteristically simple for Maiden - one would expect such a song to be written in the early days of a band. Strange decision. A filler for the band's standards, as perhaps Steve realised later. At least it gives another variety to the band's discography.

It's probably the only short song (along with Another Life) without a chorus, just verses!

VWXiuO7.jpg

Eliminated after Round 12:
The Apparition - 29 votes
Weekend Warrior - 29 votes
Chains Of Misery - 26 votes
The Fugitive - 22 votes

9 votes this time.

Once again, voted against everything remaining from Fear Of The Dark except for “Be Quick Or Be Dead” and “Judas Be My Guide”.

Eliminated after Round 12:
The Apparition - 29 votes
Weekend Warrior - 29 votes
Chains Of Misery - 26 votes
The Fugitive - 22 votes
You will never see such stats for the Reunion epics. That's why I don't want Maiden to make mostly short songs - they're too good just for that.

I voted for:

Moonchild
From Here To Eternity
Fear Is The Key

FHTE (I like it, it's underrated) and FITK (it's not bad, could have been better with a different middle part) are the weakest songs in the list, while Moonchild is my least favorite from the classic songs in the list. The rest of the stuff is pure gold imo. Tough decisions ahead.

Yeesh, it hurts me to vote for some of those, but I want to consistently use up all of my votes.

Aces High
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Moonchild
The Clairvoyant
Only The Good Die Young
Be Quick Or Be Dead
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Fear Is The Key
Judas Be My Guide

Moonchild
The Evil That Men Do
Only the Good Die Young
Fear Is the Key
Childhood’s End
Wasting Love

Aces High, Infinite Dreams, The Clairvoyant

Everything from FotD except for Be Quick or Be Dead and the title track.

It baffles me why people seem to have such love for "Fear Of The Dark". It's not bad, but it's one of the band's least interesting epics, the lyrics are cringey, and near as I can tell its main utility is to give people an excuse to jump up and down during the chorus. Can't we all just agree to jump up and down during some other song and reclaim this 7+ minutes in the set list for something more deserving...?

Back