IRON MAIDEN SURVIVOR #7: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 6th time!

You're missing the point. Voting against songs you do like because other songs are even better is the painful choice this game is meant to cause.
That time will come too. I can enjoy the short rocker Another Life for example, but sometimes: ''don't like (much)'' = ''least favorite''.

Sanctuary
Remember Tomorrow
Phantom of the Opera
Charlotte the Harlot (still terrible)
Iron Maiden
The Ides of March (reluctantly)
Innocent Exile
Purgatory
Drifter

I really don't know which of the Killers songs I want to go through...

Reactions: Jer
Interesting that Wrathchild is the one song right now without votes. A few years of not seeing it show up on live sets makes people nostalgic or something, I guess.

Instead of asking
To sleep on my sofa dude,
You fucked the Phantom.
"To sleep on my blooming couch" or "To try out my sofa springs" would at least hint at season - plus a (dubious) pun & innuendo in the latter case.
Bonus points for the "fucked the Phantom" alliteration on the other hand, great east-meets-west hint :ok:
:smartarse:

"To sleep on my blooming couch" or "To try out my sofa springs" would at least hint at season - plus a (dubious) pun & innuendo in the latter case.
Bonus points for the "fucked the Phantom" alliteration on the other hand, great east-meets-west hint :ok:
:smartarse:

Both are great, blooming couch for the win. And I see an innuendo (or a hint if you will) there as well. But seriously, why you insist on seasons? Is that a kind of must?

Anyway, I'm changing the critical verse of 7 but now that it has become so much richer I want to stress the fact that our protagonist did a really bad choice. So I will add Her in the story, with capital h as of "Her ladyship" or something of that calliper.
The contract is now sharp. It's spring, even the couches are blooming they return home he has a couch and the lady with the skin so white is there holding his hand, like something out of Blake or Burne-Jones. But no.

You came home with Her
To sleep on my blooming couch
But fucked the Phantom.

Voting for:

Sanctuary
Another Life
Innocent Exile
Purgatory
Twilight Zone
Drifter

(Damn I thought I posted this already but it was still in my drafts.)

So far I'm actually most shocked by how many people are voting for Sanctuary.
The live version from RiR is really cool but the OG is kinda tepid.

Is that a kind of must?
As far as I know, yes. The seasonal reference, a.k.a. Kigo (季語, "season word"), could be just an oblique hint but it should be there.
On the other hand, since any haiku not in Japanese is, strictly speaking, not really a haiku, I guess some liberties are allowed.

Back